just like the last time

Akihiko sighed,a mix of relief and adrenaline running over him as Uenoyama strummed the last cord of their newly composed song. It had been weeks of none stop practice,and now they'd got it perfect,he could finally rest.

He placed his drumsticks down on one of the two large drums and cracked his knuckles,releasing the tension and looking over at Mafuyu,who had already sat down in the corner,half asleep.

"Hey,Haruki-San! What's the time?" He questioned his upperclassman,smiling slightly. It felt like practice had only lasted a few minutes,like how it always did.
Haruki raised a finger as if to say, 'give me a minute' , and retrieved his phone out from the small compartment in his guitar case. Its..eight-Thirty,Kaji-San,why?"

Eight thirty?
Fuck.
He was to he home by seven..
This isn't good..

"Oh fuck,thank you-" He inwardly panicked,thoughts spinning around his head at the pace of a thousand angry bee's. "Do you think you could pack up without me?" He looked up from his drumset,a look of pure fear spread over his face. Haruki frowned slightly at the others expression,then warmly smiled as not to worry the two younger band members.

"Yeah,Of course! Just,your setting it all up tommorow,is that fair?"

"Uhm..yeah..sure..-"

Phew,at least he didn't need to waste more time packing up. Knowing Ugetsu,he wouldn't take excuses. "Thank you so much,Haruki,your an absolute lifesaver..-"

Haruki simply nodded,and started to pack up,yet keeping his eye on the other.

And with that,Akihiko grabbed his bag,Jacket,and phone,which he'd forgotten to charge,and ran out of the Studio's doors,making his way back to the Apartment complex him and Ugetsu lived in the basement of.

'Shit,shit,shit..' he panicked to himself,wiping his forehead,rain and sweat plastering down his short hair,his face and clothes soaked from the pouring spring showers.

'Last time this happened ..' Akihiko visibly shuddered,bowing his head down at the sheer thought of it. The night..that ended with spilled blood,a sharp weapon on the floor,and thousands of shed tears over the crimson stained bedsheets.

He reached the handle to the blocks front entrance and opened it,making haste of getting inside and walking to a door at the end of the hallway,unlocking it and walking down the stairs that proceeded as quietly as he could.

He made it down to the bottom of the staircase,unlocking the other door and stepping into the makeshift apartment,closing the door behind him.

Taking off his sodden jacket,he hung it over the back of one of the second hand,dusty armchairs in the living room part of the large space,to allow it to at least partly dry in time for the next day. He peered around,a confused look adorning his features,mumbling to himself almost silently,his breath relaxing at the calming thought. He's..not home..?"

"Not home..?" Akihiko jumped at the voice behind him,the voice that could slice through solid metal as if it were butter,the icy tone evident in his boyfriends voice. "Why wouldn't I be home,Aki..?~"

Ugetsu smiled to himself,sauntering infront of the taller male,taking note of the part anxious,part petrified look evidently shown in the others eyes. "I thought I told you to be home by seven,latest,Akihiko..?" The fake smile Ugetsu had been plastering one disappeared at that moment.

"Where..the fuck have you been?!"

Akihiko took a deep,shaky breath in,before exhaling softly,mumbling something incoherent about his phone dying,before being greeted by a harsh 'whack!' . His neck jeered at that,a hand going to cup at his pained cheek,looking down at Ugetsu with terrified eyes.

"I bet I know where you've been,you fucking whore.." the raven growled,glaring up at Akihiko with cold,emotionless eyes.

The eyes that the blonde was all too used to seeing. The one's that indicated that the other didn't care for him,or love him. He was nothing but a tool,a punching bag for Ugetsu to take his frustration out on.

"You've been with that..Haruki guy,haven't you,Aki?"
Another whack,around the side of his head,leaving the blonde groaning in pain.

"Sleeping around like a horny mutt!"

The blonde simply shook his head,tears brimming in his eyes at the harsh statement,reality dawning on him that he was not going to end tonight on a good note,rather beaten,bruised and bloody. And if he tried to fight back,things would end worse,and he couldn't have Haruki worrying about the bumps and marks left on his normally perfect,clear skin.

Oh,Haruki.
The carer of their band,what people call the band mom.
The one who lectures them all when their messing around,instead of practicing.
The one who helps Mafuyu,With calm spoken words and good advice.
Who helped Uenoyama break out of his shell,and blossom as a musical artist.

The one..

who made him feel complete,loved..

But of course,life doesn't work like that,and deep down..Akihiko knew he could never have him. Haruki was sweet,optimistic and always smiling or joking around with people,whereas Akihiko was closed off,keeping stuff to himself and refusing to open up to anyone about his true feelings,in pure fear someone would feed the sensitive information to Ugetsu,and he really couldn't deal with the manipulation,the words that made it feel like his heart was being torn out of his chest and stamped on. The same phrases,singular words,that distressed and tore him apart so much,to the point of panic attacks,breakdowns,flinching at raised arms and voices.

he was broken..

He flinched heavily as his thoughts died down and Ugetsu's angry growls brought him back to his senses. The screaming the other was doing hurt his head,the ache from being hit around the temple,and the back of his head with a random object really starting to take its toll on him. He felt something..hot..? running down his neck,but decided to ignore,it was probably rain dripping from his soaking wet hair.

"Are you even listening,akihiko?!" Ugetsu snapped at him,walking up to him and knocking on his head hard,sending a bout of nausea and dizzyness over him.

"U-Uge.." Was all he could mutter out before his legs gave out from underneath him,barely hearing the smaller mans yelp as the room started spinning and he passed out,everything going dark.