Prologue

The Kingdom of Avalos was not like most other kingdoms where as some build them by the shores, mountains or a greenish land for trade, the capital city was surrounded by rivers, waterfalls and cliffs for the trades across the seas and opportunity to expand their borders to the nearby settlements. It is one of the oldest known remnants of a fallen empire after the collapse and under the rule of the Valysian Dynasty for over five centuries. No one knew how the Old Empire fell, some say it was caused by civil war or riots, possibly a natural disaster that caused so much damage it was beyond any repair. The remnants of the empire that survived the collapse would start fresh and founded the Avalos Kingdom.

Endured many hardships, revolts and conflicts but have prospered in the time of peace during the time of King Talos and Queen Ellaria, but their beloved queen had passed away due to an illness despite the best healers to help. Leaving only her widowed husband and only son, Kaeleth's at the age of 7. The king decided to send his son to prepare him for when his time would come when he turned 16 as he is close to a certain age when his father will pass on the throne to him. Kaleth promised his father he would return from his travels soon.

Little did anyone know, a great change is coming to their kingdom.

The day was pleasant, savoring the sound of rivers and waterfalls of the Capital city Broenna to make anyone feel relaxed. But for one man in charge was Feihlan, a tall man with dark skin, despite his age, he was in a strong physic and displaying some minor scars on his chilled torso and the right side of his cheek. His silvery/white locks were tied back and a small beard trimmed. Wearing the armor and uniform as a sign of loyalty and status as a high ranked captain of the royal army. The royal Captain was a close friend to the king who had fought alongside him during the past battles in their youths was marching through the corridors as the servants bowed and guards stood to attention of his presence, wearing his armored long coat and two swords strapped to his waist and never leave them out of his sight. 

For his years of service he was granted the title of Captain of the Royal Army, earning a respectful and feared reputation of both allies and enemies for his ferocity in combat with the use of his swords to cut down his foes

For his years of service he was granted the title of Captain of the Royal Army, earning a respectful and feared reputation of both allies and enemies for his ferocity in combat with the use of his swords to cut down his foes. Even though he has served the kingdom faithfully and is one of its greatest warriors, he knew his time would not be long and decided on such times to train the soldiers as well as the prince to ensure the future of the kingdom would be rested in their hands. The bleached haired captain would have taken the chance to venture with the prince to ensure no trouble comes to him, but Talos assured him that his son will learn on his own and wanted him to know the wide world before he takes the throne, while also needed him with no other candidate was open to take over.

It wasn't that he did not mind having a temporary replacement of an officer, nor the danger the prince might run into given he has been trained the prince in combat and self-defense. But other matters related to his youth and traits.

Feihlan would have the palace ready as it would be soon for the prince to return from his journey within days. The last he heard was the king was sitting in the balcony outside his private quarters which he intended to find.