Takashi Komuro and Kohta Hirano: Betrayed

Takashi Komuro was a 17-year-old male student in Fujimi High Academy. He was 176.5 cm (5' 9.4"), his weight was 58 kg (128 lbs.). He had brown eyes and black hair. He wields weapons such as the Metal Bat, the Smith & Weston M37 Air, a weight, a crowbar, the Ithaca M37, and the Benelli M4 Super 90.

He was wondering what went wrong with his life. He pinky-promised a friend that he would marry her and she mysteriously died at the age of 15 and their freshman year of high school at Fujimi High Academy. Since then, Takashi took training in the Self Defense Club, but they go out of school yards to train with real weapons with a friend of his.

?: Still sulking, I see.

His friend was Kohta Hirano. He was 16 years old at Fujimi Academy at 158 cm (5' 2") with a weight of 88.8 kg (195 lbs.). He too had brown eyes and black hair, but unlike Takashi who wielded melee weapons, he wielded guns. He has a Nail Gun, the Springfield M1A1 Super, a Match, the Armalite AR-10(T), and the MP5SFK.

Takashi: I just lost a friend. How can I not sulk over her. I made a promise to marry her and it ended up with her mysteriously dying.

Kohta: If it's any better I got us each a place in the Giant Runners. Only the best of the best get to be there. This is a chance to prove yourself to the world that you can be in the Lands of the Giants.

Takashi couldn't believe what he just heard. Everyone's lives weren't normal, for their world of Earth died long ago from an outbreak that zombified a person and they all had to evacuate to another world. But the Lands of the Giants was not an easy world to live in. It had giant bugs and animals and who knows what else. They constructed walls to big enough to keep the giant creatures out but there were those who venture out of the walls and into the Lands of the Giants to create villages for humanity to live in such lands called Strongholds. These were Giant Runners: Adventurers of the Giants. And the fact that Kohta and Takashi were chosen to join the Giant Runners was an achievement beyond his imagination.

Takashi: We're chosen to join the Giant Runners? Dude, those guys are hardcore survivors. How are we chosen?

Kohta: Remember when we were betrayed by Hisashi who was sick?

Takashi remembered what Kohta had said, and it had been six weeks before the betrayal of their greatest friend. It was 10 years ago when it happened.

(FLASHBACK)

Takashi and Kohta were waiting for Hisashi to come back with the Giant Runners, but were confused as to what had happened.

Takashi: Is that...?

They find Hisashi Igou infected with a dying Giant Runner.

Hisashi: Help! Someone, anyone help!

Takashi couldn't believe his eyes. His friend was infected and a legendary Giant Runner was dying. But the people were cowards by the state Hisashi was in and they tried to close the gates.

Takashi: We have to get Hisashi in there!

Kohta: Are you crazy, Takashi?! You'll get killed!

Takashi: But I made a promise to my future wife!

Kohta: I'm coming with you! You're gonna need weapons to survive in there!

Takashi, Kohta, and Hisashi were the Three-pronged Brotherhood and nobody breaks the Brotherhood. They tried to help the legendary Giant Runner but they were too late as the gates were closed.

Hisashi: They closed the door on us. We'll never get back in.

Takashi: C'mon, Hisashi. You're better than that! Remember, we're the Three-pronged Brotherhood. Nobody breaks the Brotherhood.

Hisashi: Nobody breaks the Brotherhood.

Kohta: And we got an early tour to make it through the Lands of the Giants. We'll work up on our survival skills.

Takashi: Hey, where's my future wife? You promised to take care of her while she ventures out into the Giant Forest, right?

Hisashi: After all we've been through, her heart couldn't...

Takashi: Oh, no. She's gone? You betrayed me.

Hisashi: I know, but I'll make it up to you. There's a village not too far from here. If we make it, we might survive the night.

Takashi: Let's go then. Take us to the village.

So they respected the dead Giant Runner, buried him into the giant rocks and walked to the village. No sooner than Takashi, Hisashi, and Kohta slayed a few giant bugs and walked towards the village in no time, but before they can reach the village gates, something was stalking them. A giant animal was upon them.

Takashi: Hold up guys, you feel something?

Kohta: The ground is shaking.

Takashi: Yeah. Why?

Hisashi: Guys, I've learned that I can hear sound waves from afar. Hmm, intresting.

Kohta: What is it?

Hisashi: Whatever if it's rolling rocks or another giant bug, it's getting closer.

Takashi: Try a giga-giant fox stalking us!

Kohta: Seriously?! Get to the village!

Hisashi: I'll hold them off! You guys get to the village!

Takashi: You said you'll guide us!

Hisashi: Do you see lights over there?! That's where the village is! Go! Make your mark and get to the village!

Takashi: Hisashi... You better keep your promise!

And through Hisashi's directions, Takashi and Kohta made it to a village well-guarded and protected by the Giant Runners, the Stronghold, the only villages to be safe. But when they passed through, a giant explosion could be heard and Hisashi was gone forever. The next day, Takashi, Kohta, and the Giant Runners came back to the three-walled city. The council explained how the two boys were gonna go whatever it was banishment or recruitment into the Giant Runners. One things for certain, they're going back into the Lands of the Giants, one way or another.

(END FLASHBACK)

Takashi: You're right. And we'll never forget Hisashi's sacrifice.

Kohta: That's what I'm talking about. And we've got the training and the weapons to join them. We're ready.

At the end of the school year, Takashi's parents were proud of him to get recruited into the Giant Runners. They will miss him but Takashi will have a great adventure ahead of him and Kohta. It was time for a new chapter of his life and he will be a proud Adventurer of the Giants.