1.5 | 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗔𝗟

✦༝┉┉┉˚**

✦༝┉┉┉˚**.☣ ♡ ☣.**˚┉┉┉༝✦

Amara stepped to the side when the familiar sound of heels clicking echoed through the room, Leon turned and raised his gun in the direction of the noise. "Who is that?" Leon questioned as the mystery agent stepped into the light. "It's just me, so you can put that thing away," She answers as she walks right up to Leon before turning to the inside of the cell where that man was now slouched against the wall. "I don't even know what happened- It just... happened so quick," Leon attempted to explain to her as he glanced at Amara who was hugging herself shying away from the two.

The agent turned to Leon after a brief pause, "I told you to get out of here. You wouldn't want to end up like Ben, would you?" Amara looked from the agent to Ben with a sigh before focusing on Leon. "You knew him?" Leon asks her as he looked from the agent to Ben as she answered him, "He was an informant. Had information of use to my investigation." Leon turned back to the agent with a look of disbelief, "So what he said was true?" The agent turned away from Leon, looking at Amara who attempted to keep eye contact despite the nagging voice in her head.

The agent smirked briefly before she began to walk away from the two though Leon wasn't okay with that, he quickly stepped forward and grabbed her arm, "You can't keep walking away from me!" The agent pulled her arm away from his grip and turned to look at him with a stoic expression as Amara watched the two of them closely. "I don't even know your name," Leon tells her as he raised his arms slightly before they rested by his sides again while he stared the woman down in hopes for an answer. "...I'm Leon Kennedy," Leon introduces himself getting a small smile from the agent.

She stepped forward, "Find a way out, Leon. Before it's too late... Then we'll talk." She turned back around and walked away from the two, "Name's Ada. You also might wanna leave the girl behind, she'll only cause you trouble." And like that, she was gone again. Leon looked over at Ben with a sigh, "Well, I guess the deal's on." Amara looked down for a moment as the name Ada seemed so familiar to her yet so damn foreign, like the information wasn't hers but someone else's and it made her feel uneasy.

✦༝┉┉┉˚**.☣ ♡ ☣.**˚┉┉┉༝✦

The two came to the conclusion that they needed to find the power panel parts in order to get the cell open so they could take the keycard and get out of the garage. Amara and Leon were silent as they made their way through the parking garage towards the area they were before, taking a new route where they needed to open a door. They made their way up the steps and into a dark room, Leon held up the flashlight as Amara looked around grabbing whatever may be useful for them. Leon picked up the boxed electronic part and placed it in his pouch before leading the way forward.

Amara stepped up to some box with four switches labeled on and off, noticing how there were two gauges with a red box situated near the numbers. She took a moment to think before flicking the last one and the one next to it, the needles in the gauges landed on the red boxes and through a nearby window, a red light turned green followed by a loud noise. Leon smiled at Amara, "Nice work!" She smiled back before she began making her way towards the door. Leon thought for a moment before speaking, "I wanted to ask... How old are you?" Amara looked at Leon as he stepped into line with her, the two of them now walking side by side.

She smiled up at him, "I'm twenty-two. What about you?" Leon nodded at her words as he was relieved she was older than eighteen considering she looked younger. "I'm twenty-one, so you're older by a year," Leon answers making her laugh quietly. The two continued asking questions about each other, some Amara didn't answer but they were disrupted by the arrival of rabid dogs which the two had to use a lot of ammo to take them down. Amara hated seeing these once beautiful creatures so mutated and rabid with only the desire for blood, a part of her began to fear dogs.

They finally made their way to the door they unlocked, Amara keeping close behind Leon as he went up some stairs into a safe room where they stopped to catch a breath. Leon went through his pouches to determine what was worth keeping and what could be combined for further use while Amara tried to calm the pressure on her mind that was being caused by that same dark presence from earlier. She took steady breaths before looking up at Leon, "What do you think Ada meant about leaving me behind?" He stopped what he was doing with his back facing her.

Leon didn't know how to answer her, he had been trying to work it out himself. He knew something was... unnatural about Amara but he didn't want to believe she could be dangerous. She's saved his life more times than he's saved hers, she was quick and smart, good for a fight and on top of that, she looks out for him. Why would Ada say to leave her behind? He wasn't too sure. But he wasn't gonna leave her behind, they would get out of there, meet up with Claire and get the hell out of the city - no matter what and they would do it together.

Leon turned to Amara with a reassuring smile, "I don't know nor do I care. We are getting out of here together." Amara smiled at Leon before letting out a sigh, she leaned back against the counter behind her. "Leon... I need to tell you something and - I need you to understand that I didn't tell you before because I needed to be sure I could trust you... And I trust you..." Amara started as she began to panic at what she was doing, this could ruin everything and change his opinion and that scared her but she couldn't hide it anymore, she needed to tell him the truth.

Leon stepped forward and grabbed her shaky hands, "Hey... Whatever it is, it won't change anything. I understand why you haven't said anything till now." Amara nodded at Leon's kind words before closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. "I know I'm not human, not completely. I've spent my life in a laboratory as an experiment, I have no idea what they've done to me nor do I remember much. I - learnt who I am through a file that said my name is Amara Williams and I have no immediate family alive. I've been in that laboratory since I was eight according to the file but my mind is mostly fuzzy in details." Amara let out another shaky breath as Leon processed the information.

He carefully rested his hand on the side of her face, "And that's okay, Amara. I'll help you with whatever you need, we'll find the answers and go from there. You aren't alone, I trust you." Amara opened her bright blue eyes as she smiled softly at his reassuring words, it made her feel safe. Leon had put the pieces together but it didn't change anything for him, he still cared about the woman before him and he was still determined to get them and Claire out of this city. "Now come on, let's get that keycard and get out of this city," Leon tells her with his usual smile, Amara nodded before the two of them walked out of the safe room ready to leave this God forsaken place.

✦༝┉┉┉˚**.☣ ♡ ☣.**˚┉┉┉༝✦

Author Edit (14/06/22)
I've made subtle changes.

- Mel <3