No Color #3

It's been so long since I was given to Miss Carrie, 16 years to be exact, My name's Mouse, but most people just call me rat. I work and live at "Redemption house" It's a large orphanage that is made up of two buildings.

Building "A" Has three rooms, The older girls room, The older boys room and a kitchen. Building "B" keeps the smaller kids, it has 5 rooms, Mrs.Cherrie's office, the girls room, the boys room, and a large room with lots of tables where we all eat. Seeing as I'm the oldest here, I tend to take care of the kids in the orphanage. I'm also the only boy in building A, most of the kids that have the gift are boys, so not many boys get sent here.

In reality... I'm not even supposed to be here. I actually have the gift, It wasn't very strong when i was younger, most of the world was still just ...gray. But then as I got older, my gift got stronger. I could see the sky as it changed colors with the sun, one thing that I slowly realised, is that everyone had color, everyone had different skin colors, different eyes, and everyone had different hair. Well everyone, but me. My hair was white, my skin was also white... The one thing about me that had color was my eyes. My eyes were a pale green.

Mrs.Carrie is the first and only person I've told about the color, "Can you tell me what I look like?" She softly asked me, so I told her. I told her about her light brown hair, her bright blue eyes, her dark brown skin, everything. She was shocked, and scared for me. She told me to never tell anyone about it, unless they can prove that they have the gift aswell