deathtrap.

DEATHTRAP !

▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎ ▄︎

( 𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒚! ) ✧˖*°࿐

__________________

THERE ISN'T ROOM FOR GRUDGES IN PANEM. There is barely any room for grievance in a country so shredded by corruption. And yet both of those things are inevitable. It is simply a matter of time. The people of Panem are constantly waiting their turn. To grieve. Or to hold a vengeance. You cannot escape it. Because every year 23 will die. And even more, will be affected.

The 66th Hunger Games was Emery Dunne's turn. Before that fateful year, she had had a string of luck. Not one relative to mourn. Not even a friend to pray for. A string that she knew was getting thinner and thinner with every reaping. But, like everyone else in Panem, her period of peace ran dry, and for her first close encounter with The Hunger Games, it was as bad as it could possibly be. It was her name that was drawn. And she will never see the glimpse of peace ever again.

You see, her time of grandeur (at least as good as life in Panem gets) was all a lie. Because after her bittersweet victory in The Hunger Games arena the 66th year it had been running, it was but a few months of somewhat settled life, before it all happened again. Not only could she not escape the games, now being a mentor for those who must suffer what she once had, but her closest companion and lifeline Finley was up next.

It is no matter that Finley too survived his games, and was announced the 67th victor of the annual Hunger Games because it will never end. The mentoring never stops. The deaths never cease. The brutal injustice will never falter. And there is no room for grudges in Panem.

Dreaming of a life where weaponry is not a lifelong occupation, and where rebellions succeed, Emery and Finley are sucked into the life of a Hunger Games Mentor, pushed around like puppets, and forced to watch their classmates, and coworkers and fellow citizens of District 2 die in a psychotic game, created for those with power and authority's amusement and entertainment.

No matter how much she desires a rebellion to stick, Emery would never dream of speaking her mind. What's the point? History speaks for itself when it comes to revolts against the Capitol. She would have never had had to murder people out of cold blood in the first place if it weren't for a failing revolution.