Are We There Yet?

"How much longer?"

Silence.

"Are we almost there?"

Silence yet vibrating with annoyance.

A heavy sigh, then, "How about now? How much longer now?"

"By Urd's Beard, Thor! You can look at our speed and trajectory as well as I can. Figure it out yourself." Loki had long ago taken his feet from resting on the control panel to keep them firmly on the deck. Otherwise, they might just accidentally slip and kick his brother in the head. Utterly unintentionally knocking him unconscious. And silent.

Once more Thor huffed out a deep breath, "But you're so much smarter than me, Brother. I'm sure I would make a mistake in my calculations while you would do them perfectly." Thor was slouching back in his seat and now he turned his head to grin at Loki, "We both know you're so very much smarter than I am." He raised his eyebrows. "Yes?"

Loki gritted his teeth, if he cracked a tooth he was going to knock out one of Thor's. Or several. He stared straight ahead, watching the slip of stars going past, it usually calmed him. Now it was making him nauseous.

"Brother?" Thor's voice was an annoying sing-song that he knew Loki despised. Loki thought it was manipulative and childish. Which of course it was. 

With a dangerous intent, Loki slowly turned his head until his narrowed green eyes met wide blue ones. He pressed his lips together in hopes of keeping the words back but they escaped despite all of his efforts. "You. Win."

The grin on Thor's face changed into one filled with growing triumph tinged with false disbelief. "What? I'm certain I misheard you. Could you repeat-"

"You know exactly what I said you goat-herding, copulating troll." The words sliced out from between thinned lips.

"I win?" Thor pushed himself up in his seat, turning to fully face Loki, with glee on his face and in his tone. "Really? You're yielding to me?"

As an answer, Loki held out his hand and a colorful box appeared on his palm. His eyes never left Thor so he didn't miss the absolute delight on his Brother's face at the box of one dozen Twinkies. He didn't even vanish it when the gluttonous oaf leaned forward and grabbed it with a chuckle Loki found disturbingly familiar.

Thor held the box to his chest while his eyes danced as he pressed on, "And?"

Loki closed his eyes and opened his mouth but he couldn't get these words out. They refused. He tried, he would always say he tried but they just wouldn't appear. Instead, he opened his eyes while turning in his seat to once more fully face the passing stars, "Take your prize and be satisfied, greedy goat. I hope you make yourself sick."

Thor chuckled again as he began opening the box, ripping from a corner rather than the perforation and Loki cringed. "Come now, Brother. I would say the words to you if I had lost the bet. Which I did not lose. Because I won." He nearly smashed the Twinkie getting the wrapper off.

"Yes, not losing a bet usually means you won it." He turned his head to glare at Thor, "And since, you-" Loki actually appeared in pain, "Didn't lose," He swallowed as if to keep from vomiting at the words, "You will cease this infantile game."

Through a mouthful of sponge cake injected with creamy filling Thor spit out, "But I never win. And you agreed. Loki, you agreed." He pulled open another Twinkie, stuffing this wrapper in the box with the first one. "You're not going back on our wager are you?"

"No." Loki shook his head vehemently, "But I do not sound like, like, like how you've been sounding. I do not sound so, so," He stumbled to find the word.

"Infantile?" Thor frowned as part of the Twinkie fell out of his mouth as he spoke, landing on his stomach. His face cleared as he scooped the bite back up and shoved it in his mouth to join the rest.

Loki thought he was going to be ill. Seriously ill. If he were ill he would send his vomit to Thor's bunk. Under his covers. Or perhaps inside his pillow. Yes, inside his pillow where it could never be removed.

Grabbing his third Twinkie Thor paused while giving a soft smile at the side of Loki's head. Knowing he would be spending an unknown amount of time with his Brother for the foreseeable future he decided to allow Loki this. After all, his Brother, God of Games, had already admitted failure at a bet. It wouldn't do to push too far. Thor had no desire to find something unpleasant in his bunk. "That's alright, Broth-"

"I refuse to admit that I speak in any such fashion yet I will gladly admit that you have driven me to near-total madness with your behavior and I sincerely, utterly and absolutely regret ever having made the wager that you could not drive me to said madness." There was silence in the ship, not even the wrinkling of the Twinkie wrapper. "There. Are the requirements of our wager met?"

Loki stared forward, waiting. He knew it was within Thor's rights to demand the actual admittance yet Loki could only hope that- Something soft and crinkly hit the side of his head, falling into his lap. Opening his eyes he stared down at the Twinkie. From beside him he heard Thor reaching into the box and grabbing his own, the sounds of the wrapper being ripped then the cream-filled sponge cake being shoved into his Brother's mouth replaced the silence. After a tense moment, he casually reached down and picked up the Twinkie, neatly vanishing the wrapper. The little cake appeared on a delicate plate with a side of the tiny Mullen berries Loki enjoyed. Also, sitting on the plate was an equally delicate matching cup of steaming, fragrant tea. In the crook of Thor's arm, a large mug of Alpheim ale appeared.

The two Brothers sat in their seats, watching the stars slip past as they gorged on Twinkies, sipping and gulping bottomless drinks. Once the box was empty Loki vanished the trash.

"Are we there yet?"

Sigh. "Really, Brother?"

.