:D

Jeff, Tom, and Roy were at my house, playing ukuleles and singing their favourite songs.

I hated to break up the party, but Dhani had to go to sleep early so he could wake up in time for school.

Olivia was tucking Dhani into bed and everyone was putting away the various ukuleles when I had an idea.

"Roy?"

"Yes?" He answered politely.

"Would you sing Dhani to sleep? He's been having trouble sleeping lately," I had everyone's attention, waiting to see what Roy's answer would be.

"Oh, sure!" He smiled.

I got out an acoustic guitar for him and led him into Dhani's room. Olivia was talking to him still when I went in.

"Hey, Dhani, Roy's gonna sing you to sleep,"

"Really?!" His face brightened up immediately.

"Yeah, but it won't work if you're all excited, love,"

"Oh, right,"

"You can come in, Roy," I told him as I got up to go out. There was a chair beside the bed so he sat down and set the guitar on his leg.

Tom and Jeff were watching from the doorway. I brushed past them to get my video camera as discreetly as I could. When I came back Roy was asking him what song he should sing.

"I don't know, whatever you choose," Dhani said.

It was clear Roy was drawing a blank. I started filming here, while it was quiet.

"I know!" Dhani smiled at him. "Can you sing 'Beautiful Dreamer'?"

"Yeah, good choice," Roy chuckled. "Get comfortable, now,"

Dhani wiggled around until just his head was peeking out from the blankets. Roy started strumming.

"Beautiful dreamer, wake unto me...
Starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee..." He began. When he got to the second verse, both Jeff and Tom hummed backup harmonies along with him.

Dhani's eyes were getting droopy now. Roy's voice was so gentle, even I was starting to get sleepy.

By the time Roy finished, Dhani was fast asleep and I could feel myself getting tired. Roy quietly got up and switched the light off as he came out. I stopped recording and set my camera down.

Roy handed me the guitar and I put it away. We all hugged each other goodnight. (Because you never grow out of goodnight hugs!)