Chapter 1

With a blue formal suit and seven inch high heel, she was looking damn gorgeous! Even though there were a few bandages and remaining scars, she looked like a fiery kitten.

After a month on leave Shirin was back to her work. As soon as she reached, she heard about the employees' meeting in the conference hall. She rushed towards the door.

"Miss Shirin." Just as she was about to push the door of the conference hall, an intern called her from behind.

"Yes?"

"The Director is looking for you. You may want to meet him first."

She knew the new intern, he joined her team a few days before the accident took place. She gave him a warm smile. As soon as he saw Shirin smile, his face turned like a red tomato. Shirin was amused by the blushing young intern who was about two years younger . She thanked him and headed towards the director's office.

Habitually she knocked three times and pushed the door of the office.

"Mr Roy, can I come in?"

"Miss Shirin, please come in. How are you feeling now?"Jeddah Roy had already seen Shirin coming through his glass door. So, he prepared himself to talk to her.

"I am feeling much better now Mr. Roy. How are you?" She is still not able to walk properly, the bandages and uncomfortable walk with her high heels already showed it.
Jeddah instinctively looked at her feet and clenched his fist.

Jeddah Roy pursed his lips and asked her to sit.

"I am doing very well. Please have a seat. I have something important to tell you."

Sara pulled the chair and enthusiastically looked at the director. She could see that the expression of the director was not that good. An uneasiness could be seen from his face. Sara did not want to waste her energy assuming what the matter could be.

"Tell me."

Jeddah hesitated for a second but then he pulled out an envelope from the drawer next to him and stretched his hand to give the latter to Shirin.

Looking at the grey color envelope, Shirin guessed what had happened. She had seen such grey envelopes since she had been working there for a long time.

"Am...am I?" Shirin looked at the envelope in disbelief.

'How can it be!' Shirin thought. She was among the bests!

"Yes."

"It's a part of my job Shirin. I am also feeling dissatisfied with this result. I have already sent you an email a few minutes ago."

Shirin silently pressed the envelope on the table with her index finger.

"May I know the reason?" She asked.

"Look, they are reducing manpower. Everyone was engaged in important projects. You were the only one left and I had no other choice. I am sorry."

"Oh."

Shirin remained silent for a few seconds to digest the news. Actually, she didn't care much about a job but if it was not for her mother, she might not feel bad.
Shirin's mother needed medical care. When Shirin had an accident a month ago a good portion of her savings was spent on her own treatment. Without a job she would run out of money within two months.

Soon, she regained her cool.

"It's ok, Mr. Roy. These things can be out of our control."

Even though it was a bad moment for Shirin, she had no time for showing
disappointment at that moment. She is an upright person. She stayed calm and stood up with a polite smile.