Pre Prom

Hey besties, it's me your bestie ✌🏼. We're getting very close to the prom but a lot is happening with Doc's bone cancer, Mer and Der's relationship and Mer and Finn's relationship. I'm just gonna start the part now so I hope you enjoy besties and leave your thoughts if you want to :)

"Finn!"

Meredith says surprised as she sees Finn walking toward her and she smiles as he kisses her cheek. "What brings you to Seattle Grace, you didn't even tell me you were coming." She said smiling and looked at the bag. He smiled at her curiosity and blushed a little. "Well I was just grabbing breakfast and my amazing girlfriend happened to be working right near the café so I decided to stop by. And of course I got you the best cupcakes on the block." She smiled and blushed at his thoughtfulness and remembered the big question she had for him.

"Do you want to go to prom with me? I know it's cheesy and all but we're holding a prom for one of our patients and I'd love for you to be my date, I totally understand if you don't want to come." She blurted out and sighed a tiny breath in relief when she saw the way Finn's eyes lit up. "I'd love to! Prom was my thing, I was actually the prom king back in my day." Meredith laughed softly and tilted her head a little while looking at him. "Oh so you were that kid in high school, I was the girl who wore all black and had her prom date throw up all over her." Finn chuckled softly and looked at how beautiful her eyes are. "Is it bad being that kid in high school?" Mer shakes her head laughing softly and kisses his cheek.

"No I find it very adorable actually. So I'll see you at 8?" He nods and his face changed to worry and sadness as he remembered why he really came to Seattle Grace. "Doc's cancer spread to his brain Mer.. I'm sorry but we need to put him down today." Mer looked at him and he watched all the light drain out of her and her eyes were filling up with tears. "I um... we'll be there at 1." Finn noticed that Mer was shaking slowly and he hugged her to stop her from falling. "It's gonna be ok.. he's gonna be in a better place." All Mer could do was nod as her tears betrayed her eyes and rolled down her rosy cheeks slowly. She just loved him so much..

After she collected herself and Finn went away, she went to find Addison and Derek. She found Derek in a empty room doing work on his computer and she knocked on the door and opened the door. Their eyes met and there was a moment where she forgot what she was gonna say but she snapped out of that after Derek said "what do you want?" She was a little taken back by it but she didn't let it bother her. She had bigger problems at the moment. "Finn says we need to put Doc down today, come at 1 with Addison." She walked out of the door without waiting to hear his answer and went on with her work.

"Why do we have to do this stupid prom anyway, I have better things to do." Alex grumbles as Mer joins the group while they're sitting in the hallway doing charts. "I think it's nice but it would have been better if Callie wasn't mad at me." George says looking up after Mer sat down next to Cristina and Izzie. "I'm gonna wear my best dress and surprise Denny." Izzie says smiling and everyone except George gave her death stares which she pretended not to notice. "I'm with Evil Spawn on this one, we aren't high schoolers and we could be doing surgeries then entertaining the chief's niece." Cristina said annoyed and drank her coffee as all their pagers beeped. "I hope this is really bad, I need to be distracted." Mer said softly as they all rushed to the ER.

1 p.m.

Derek looked at the watch impatiently as he waited in the vets room for Doc with Addie and Mer. Addie was trying to make conversation with Mer but Mer looked like she was distracted and only nodded while looking down in response. They all looked at the door as it opened and Finn brought in Doc. Mer quickly stood up and rushed to Doc's side and kept petting him as Finn gently let him rest on the table. Addie and Derek joined her in petting him while Finn got the sedative ready. Everyone looked at Addison as her pager beeped and she sighed softly. "I'll see you guys later, I need to do this." Addie said petting Doc one more time before grabbing her coat and walking out of the door.

Mer's eyes were slowly filling up with tears as she looked at Doc again and took in the final moments she had with him. "I love you so much Doc." She whispered to him faintly as Finn injected the sedative into Doc's leg. Derek watches her with sadness in his own eyes and a little bit of.. love. She wiped her eyes quickly as tears started to fall and looked at Doc's now dead body one more time. "Do you want me to dispose him?" Finn asked and Meredith shook her head as Derek said yes.

She looked up at him with her eyes red and puffy and said, "he's our dog Derek, we can't just treat him like garbage." Derek looked into her eyes with understanding and nodded slowly. "We can bury him near the trail near the trailer, overlooking the waterfall." Mer nodded looking away as she grabbed her coat and started to walk out as well. Finn went to the door as well and called her name softly. She looked back at him as their eyes met and Finn could see the sadness in her eyes. "I'm so sorry for your loss." Mer nodded and wiped another tear away. "You know he wasn't even my dog for very long, he was more Derek's dog.." Derek looked at her as their eyes met. "He was a good dog." Mer nodded and wiped another tear away as she hugged Finn and walked out of the clinic. She missed him more than he would ever know...

1084 words! Im back and active people 😭✌🏼. I know it took a billion years since I suddenly just disappeared (Justin Chambers style 👀) but I'm back, can't promise how active I'll be tho. I hope you enjoyed this part besties and expect a lot next part 👀❤️