Chapter 3

DPOV

I groaned as I sat down in my chair in my library. She had been here less than a day and was already affecting me so much. I can't believe I was aroused and hard just by touching her back and then again when she slipped into the water. Granted her body was perfect, but still, I normally had more control over myself.

Speaking of her back, I didn't understand what had happened. I had seen her wounds when she came in. The lashes were deep, and I was sure they would scar. But when I removed the leaves, there wasn't a single trace of them on her now flawless back. My sister was a gifted healer, but she wasn't that good. I was starting to wonder who this girl was.

I had been lurking around in the dark watching her bath. Yeah, this girl had me lurking. I nearly rolled my eyes, but there was something about her I couldn't quite place. She seemed so relaxed and peaceful when she was floating around in the warm water. But once she discovered the beam of sunlight I was mesmerized. She didn't just look beautiful; she looked angelic. She had her eyes closed as she was soaking up the sun's rays. I could almost see her complexion change from my position. Like the sun brought back a little color to her face. That spot in the lake was also my favorite spot. I usually only swam towards it when I was human. The beam was too small to do much in my Dragon form.

Another thing I didn't understand. I could have said I was the Dragon that saved her. She didn't seem to realize he and I were the same person. I knew humans didn't know Dragons had a human form and we would like to keep it that way, so I should keep it from her for the sake of my race. I also told myself she would probably feel safer with someone of her own kind. Even if she hadn't shown the usual fear most humans did when she was about to pass out, it didn't mean that she wouldn't be afraid when a large snout with even larger teeth came and woke her up - even if she did ask me to thank the Dragon for her. I have never met a human that thanked a Dragon.

Shoot... yes. Thanked... no.

What I didn't understand was why I was taking her feelings into consideration. I was a Dragon and she could either deal with that or not, but somehow I wanted her to feel safe here. I wanted her to relax. I wanted her not to be afraid of me. I wanted to stop being such an emotional sap in her presence. For God's sake, I was two-hundred and forty years old. But I had never felt like this.

I had left before she climbed out of the lake and started to dress, although I had a hard time dragging my body away. I had settled for the library so I could emerge myself into a story of someone else's life instead of having to deal with my own, even if that life were of a fictional character.

But even that reprieve from her was short lived as she came looking for me only moments later.

She looked fresh and clean. Her hair was still wet, but she had let it hang across her back so it could dry. The white shirt was a little big on her, as were the pants. I had done this on purpose so it would cover her up a bit more, but as luck would have it, it showed off her assets to perfection. The pants were tight around her legs, they were just way too long, but it displayed her toned and slim legs and ample hips perfectly. The blouse was hanging loosely over her upper body, and it did obscure most of her breasts. But because it was hanging loose, it also was hanging more off one shoulder showing her clavicle, which I found surprisingly sexy. The blouse opened up in a low V because of that as well, so I got a small view of her cleavage as the binds weren't able to hold it all in.

I thought I couldn't get any more turned on than I was by a clothed woman when she walked toward the bookcase and turned her back, and more importantly her ass to me. I nearly abandoned all reason and took her right there against the bookcase, but was able to restrain myself. But her perfectly round sculpted ass was just begging me to touch it.