three

---

Anne's POV

The bell rang signaling the beginning of the literature lesson. Mr. Clark is absent, but he gave us lots of assignments since last week. I think this is the best time to work on the assignment.

Well, Sir is not here today, so people in class are still gossiping as if they don't have stuff to do. And they still complain about slacking off academically. (Suddenly, the class starts whispering, but I choose to ignore them; it's their usual behavior.)

Suddenly, somebody takes a seat beside me...

"Heyy," I hear someone speaking beside me.

I turn around, and damn, who is this guy talking to me?

I replied, "'Hey, how may I help you?'"

He says, "I'm the new student, umm, so I don't really know a lot of people, so I hope you won't mind me talking to you."

I reply, "No, it's totally cool. So, I'm Anne, and you are?"

He says casually, "You have pretty eyes, Anne." OMG, did he just compliment me?

"Yes, I did complement you," he replies with a smirk.

Oh shit, did I speak out loud? Oh no, am I cursing again?

"Yes, you did say it loud," he replies with a side smile.

I feel like my whole face is as red as a tomato.

He speaks, "I'm Caleb Kingston from Brooklyn High."

Oh Christ, so it's him, the guy I have to make fall in love with me.

I smiled at him. "Well, umm, it's nice to know you."

He gives me the full smile and his dimples. OMG, he has beautiful hazel eyes. God, he's so hot 🥵.

He chuckles again. "I noticed you have a habit of saying things out loud, I guess. But then, thanks for the compliment. You are not so bad, Anne."

I blushed.

Someone clears her throat.

"So, umm, Anne, would you introduce us to your new friend?" Lucia says while smirking.

So, I introduce him to my friends, but then I think he won't get along with Damon. I don't know why, but then I guess it wasn't so bad making a new friend after long, long years of getting stuck with my friends.

I love them, yes, but I feel like I'm suffocating them since they have good socializing skills compared to mine.

Caleb speaks. "So, umm, I heard there is an assignment. Do you mind telling me what this is about? Sorry, can I also borrow a pen from you?"

I replied, "Sure." Every one of my friends releases loud gasps.

I turned to them. "What, guys?"

Lucia speaks. "For all the years I've known you, you have never lent those kinds of pens to anyone, even I, your bestie."

I frowned. "It's not a big deal."

Lucia says with a smirk, "We'll talk later."

So, I showed him the assignment and gave him a bit of rules on how to write those essays. I mean, Mr. Clark is very strict when it comes to essays.

The bell rang.

Caleb speaks first. "So, umm, what subject do you have now?"

I replied, "Music. You?"

Caleb speaks, "I think physics... So, umm, I'll see you later."

I nod with a smile. "Bye, Caleb."

---