➵ 𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐈

This one-shot was requested by A007337

______________________________________

Part I
______________________________________

It was the Battle of New York when Loki set his eyes on the mortal creature. Amongst the panic of the feeble crowd, when he felt powerful and unstoppable he watched as this particular mortal saved a handful of lives anywhere they could.

A peculiar reaction to a situation that would get them killed. He watched with curiosity and pity as the mortal saved a life but instantly toppled by stone debris. This would've just added to his death count if not for the fact a little part of him, a part of his morality had inclined him to save them.

For whatever reason, he felt the need to raise her from the rubble and see if the mortal was alive. Against his logical judgement, Loki came down from whatever high building he stood upon and raised the mountain of dust and rocks, to find a wounded yet alive human. Just barely.

His clones carried his deeds as he slowly raised the human from the wreck and warped himself and the mortal away to a vacated building, somewhere in the outskirts of New York.

He laid the mortal creature upon a sable chaise lounge and set afire opposite them. He looked over the dreary creature, resting upon his sofa and sighed in disbelief of himself. What does this perishable soul have that made him do this?

As he thought, his eyes sketched over the sleeping thing. He couldn't deny that for something so feeble and ageing, they were quite appealing.

Loki hovered his hands over the mortal and used his magic to heal any injuries. Typically minor injuries.

"Well, mother," Loki whispered to himself, "At least those years of raising me you've taught me one good thing about my magic that I could use." Once Loki had finished searching for injuries (which there were a lot of), Loki thoughts float back to the battle that is still occurring.

He would have to return and lead the Chituri to victory. But somehow...a part of himself doesn't want that. He must've thought for a long time as he noticed the mortal stir in waking. He instantaneously disguised himself to the eyes of the creature and performed calmly in front of them.

Loki's raven locks turned dark copper, his snake-like green eyes turned baby blue and his warrior garments turned into a pink shirt and black trousers with sensible shoes, all dishevelled.

As the human stirred Loki kneeled to their side at a generous distance. The mortal opened their eyes and Loki saw their soft and lovely e/c orbs. The mortal made a sound, which resembled a groan and yet a sigh at the same time.  Suddenly, they jerked awake and panicked as to where they were and instantly regretting getting up so quickly due to the fresh sores of their healed injuries.

"Be careful," Loki hushed, "You were just buried in rubble and barely got out of that battle."

Disorientated the other being asked, "S-so...It w-wasn't a nightmare?" Their voice was hoarse and scratchy.

"No, it wasn't," Loki began, "Your voice sounds terrible, would you like some water?" The mortal nodded weakly and as their eyes slowly blinked out of tiredness Loki magicked up a glass of water, panicking immediately if the mortal saw.

Skítur! Humans don't have magic, Loki thought.

Luckily, the Midgardian hadn't seen what Loki had done at that moment. I guess head injuries and tiredness will do that to a person. Loki sighed in relief which perked the Midgardian's ears.