Avengers, Assemble! *ENDING ONE*

Bucky and I got to the theater room and approached the couch. He sat first which left me with the dilemma of where do I sit? Right next to him? That would answer some questions before they're asked. But sitting too far away would also give the wrong idea.

Bucky saw me hesitating to sit and sighed. "Talia, are you choosing him? I know we're about to have the conversation but I just... I need to know now because I can't do it all again. I really can't."

I blinked in shock, I was really unprepared for that. But knowing he wanted me to choose him was all the answer I needed. I quickly leaned over, kneeling on the couch as I grabbed him and kissed him passionately. I'm sure simply telling him I chose him would have been acceptable, but I like this way better.

"Oh." Bucky mumbled as we pulled away. "Guess that answers that question for me." He smirked and I sat next to him.

"Guess it answers a lot of them." Steve's voice from behind us startled us. I instinctively moved away from Bucky but reached out to grab his hand.

"Steve-" I started to explain but he stopped me.

He put his hand up as he and Peggy walked to the couch. "You don't need to explain. I know what's happened. And really, I know you love Bucky. And he loves you. I know that. One of the reasons I loved you was how much you cared for him. I just... didn't see the full extent I guess."

"If it helps." I offered. "Neither did I. Bucky dragged it out of me in therapy." I giggled.

Steve and Bucky both chuckled and Bucky spoke to Steve. "You know I'd never do anything to hurt you."

"I know. And if anyone deserves a win right now, it's the two of you. Mostly I just wanted to apologize to Talia. How I treated you when I came back... was unfair. The things I said-"

I cut Steve off. "It wasn't you, I know. It's okay."

Steve looked down and sighed. "That's not totally true. No, I probably wouldn't have ever said those things. But it was still me. I... I chose to go find Peggy. And I may have only brought her with me because she saw me. But I wanted to see her. I wanted her to see me, because..." Steve cleared his throat. "I never stopped loving her. This may seem dramatic and insane given that she's been dead for us. But that wasn't the Peggy I knew. I missed that Peggy."

I looked over at Peggy, she stared at Steve in a way I never have. In a way I've never seen anyone look at him.

"Peggy?" I spoke, bringing her attention to me. "Do you feel the same about Steve? After everything, do you still love him?"

"Of course." Peggy replied instantly and Steve's face lit up. "It's always been him."

Before Steve could reply I spoke again. "Are you staying? Or do you want to go back?"

Peggy didn't answer. She sighed and looked at Steve. "Is it bad if I don't know? Everything is... different. It's not bad. I just don't know."

"You don't have to decide now." Steve explained. "But if you go back, I'd like to come with you. If you'll have me." He looked at Bucky. "I think you're in good hands here."

Bucky smiled and looked at me. "Yeah. I think so too, punk."

Two months later...

"You ready for this, Peg?" I asked as I hugged the brunette. We had gotten close over the last few weeks. "I'm really gonna miss you."

"I'm ready. Thank you again, for everything. All of you. You've been so kind to me." She smiled a genuine smile as she climbed on the platform and waited for Steve.

I turned to see him hugging Bucky. I wasn't close enough to hear them, but I know for sure what they were saying. I walked over and waited. When Steve pulled away from Bucky, he instantly grabbed me for a hug. "Talia, I don't know what to say. Take care of him, okay? Take care of each other."

"You got it, Cap." I smirked as I hugged him back. "I'll miss you."

He pulled away and grinned. "I'm gonna miss you too, Director." He chuckled at my new title. Truthfully, I didn't need one. But I just wanted to take Fury's old title out of spite and pettiness. The look on his face was worth it. And well, Director Aimilios made me feel kinda badass. Now I know why Bucky likes being called Sarge.

Bucky wrapped an arm around me as we stood with our team and watched as Bruce counted down, signaling that he was sending them back in time. Only this time, they'd stay there.

Once it ended, the team started to slowly make their way back to the compound. Bucky and I lingered. "Hey." I squeezed his side. "You okay, honey?"

"Yeah, doll. I'm all right." He looked at me and gave a small smile. "I'm more than all right." He leaned forward and kissed me and I felt exactly the same.

"I love you." I mumbled against his lips.

"I love you more." He replied.

I opened my mouth to argue but he quickly swept his arm under my legs, knocking me over so he was carrying me bridal style. I was laughing too hard to say anything back. As he carried me, I leaned my head against his chest. I thought about all the crazy drama that got us here.

I was exactly where I should be.

THE END