Chapter 4: The kidnapper

"What seeks for us is always on our side, being bad or good."

_________________________________________

—What the fuck!? -I said out loud.

I thought It was just a prank, but now the situation is concerning.

There isn't too much blood, if this is even blood, but a mark that I can assume was made by a hand.

If the person who just called me was the kidnapper, the other's will need to know about this. But I don't think that they would be ready to receive this kind of news.

—I received a threatening call.

—A threatening call? -The hacker asked right after I sent him a message.
—Vanysh, it probably was the kidnapper. What did he sound like?

—You know Darth Vader? They sound the same, but after some cigarettes.

—Hmm
—This is a positive incident.

—I know what you mean.

—Keep going.

—He did this to keep me away.

—Exactly.
—That's a great opportunity for us. He is leaving his hiding place because now he feels vulnerable.

—Let's hope so.

—Remmember: You can't trust anyone in that group. Not a single soul.

And that includes you.

—Do you suspect anyone? -I asked.

—Yes, but I don't want to influence you too much. We must be careful with any accusations at this stage.
—You are doing very well so far. I was right about you.
—We're going to save Hanna!

I even have an idea of who his main suspect might be, but that doesn't matter at the moment. What I really want to know is how he might be related to Hanna and why he's trusting me that much.

*

Yes, the right thing to do was calling the police, but isn't it what we have avoiding to do? If I put the police in the middle of this, they will connect the dots until this becomes about Hanna and they fuck with us.

I didn't know if it was safer here, on the outside of my house, or on the inside. Someone has been here, which means they could also be in there.

I checked every look and crany and also took a look at all of the doors and windows. Thank god, there were no signs of forced entry or someone hiding.

I don't intend to tell about that mark, to anyone. The hacker knows enough and it's exactly like he said, I can't trust anyone, and,wanting or not, that includes him. Specially him.

After making sure that everything was safe, I cleaned the mark and went straight to the shower.

It wasn't blood, but some kind of ink.

On the plus side, the paint was still wet, so I was able to get it off without too much trouble. The downside was that she was still wet, almost dripping. Which means it was made not too long ago, and whoever left it there can't be far behind. If it's even gone.