Tears - 14

After a while, Chuuya completely gave up on doing his work and looked over at Misaki, who sat on the couch in his office. She sat there quietly just playing with her fingers. Chuuya smiled, and leaned his head down on the desk.

Misaki's eyes slowly started to close. She felt her body falling to the side. Chuuya could see how bored and tired she was. This happened often. She'd play with her fingers out of boredom and then fall asleep.

He watched as her head landed on the couch. Even with her head down, she still tried to keep herself awake. Chuuya scoffed and stood up, walking over to her. He sat down on the floor besides her and gently brushed his fingers through her hair.

It only took a few seconds for her to fall asleep after that. Chuuya let out another scoff, then smiling at her. He brushed his thumb over her cheek, then moved to her lips.

Chuuya leaned over and placed a small kiss to her forehead. He grabbed her hand and linked it with his own. He played with her fingers and kissed her hand now and then.

Ten minutes went by, Chuuya wasn't on the floor and neither was he at his desk. His arm wrapped around Misaki's waist, and linked his hand with hers. He pulled her closer to himself as they laid together. A smiled crept onto his lips, before he began fall sing asleep with Misaki in his arms.

This was all he needed in life. And he wanted this to go on forever.

Unfortunately, forever didn't last very long.

~

Chuuya let out a small groan. He was still in pain, but he didn't remember from what. The last thing he remembered was seeing Misaki. But why did he see her? Where was he at the time?

Chuuya slowly blinked his eyes awake. He sat up, pain washing over him as he leaned his back against the wall. His blurry vision finally went away, he looked around the room, but wasn't sure where he was.

The door in front of him then opened, he flinched, but confusion washed over him when Misaki walked into the room. She closed the door behind her and leaned against it. "You're awake I see." She said awkwardly.

"Yeah, I guess so." He responded. He looked away, then back at her. She looked down at the floor and played with her fingers. She didn't just do that when she was bored, she often did it when she was nervous, which is what she was feeling at that moment. "Where am I?"

"The agency." Misaki answered. "How are you feeling?"

Chuuya scoffed. "Like a house suddenly collapsed onto me." He joked.

The slightest smile crept onto Misaki's face. "I didn't have it so easy either, I had to carry you all the way over here by myself."

"Dazai's never much help, is he."

"Not even a bit."

The two smiled. It was still awkward to be around each other. But they were still somehow comfortable.

Misaki frowned, and looked back at him. She walked over and stood besides him."I'm sorry for leaving the other day. It was rude of me."

"No. I can see why you had to leave. We shouldn't have been around each other. And it's my fault if anything, I shouldn't have went looking for you." Chuuya explained.

Misaki looked back down at the floor, playing with her fingers once again. Chuuya watched, then looked down at his lap and slightly smiled. "That day was the first time I saw you after four years, my emotions got the better of me. The second I saw you, all I thought about was wanting to see that smile of yours."