Chapter 7: Problems Arise

3rd Pov

The scene opens to the Hyodou household at the orange time of day known as dusk.

Rias: Well then, let's begin our regular meeting. This month's contract numbers are in, Akeno 11, 

Akeno: That's right.

Rias: Koneko, 10

Koneko: Sounds good

Rias: Kiba had 8.

Kiba: I did.

Rias: And 3 for Asia.

Asia: Yay!

Kiba: No way, that's really impressive Asia

Akeno: Good for you lady. You should be proud of yourself.

Koneko: Escpecally constering your brand new at making contracts

Asia: Oh my goodness thank you so much.

(Y/N): Yeah, good job Asia.

He gave Asia a one-armed hug and Asia smiled even wider.

Rias: Well, as an annual reminder, continue to make contracts so you can all continue growing.

Miki: Sorry to intrude, kids.

The housewife of the Hyodou family entered the room with a plate full of snacks.

Asia: Welcome to the meeting, mother.

Miki: Why thank you. Now this little gathering is for the insult research club, right?

(Y/N): Close, but not right mom is Occult research club.

Miki: Oh, well I brought something to help inspire everybody!

She held up a photo album, and (Y/N) immediately began to panic.

(Y/N): YOU KEPT THOSE?!

Miki: Yup, so who wants to see (Y/N) when he was just a little boy?

The girls began gathering around the photo album and Miki kept flipping through pages and explaining the picture on them. She landed on a picture of you wearing an apron and covered in some kind of sauce and flour.

Miki: Oh yes, this was the result of the first time (Y/N) had asked to help cook dinner with me.

The girls were all giggling as Miki showed them more and more photos.

(Y/N):*thought* Why must this happen to me?*Speaking* Is this really necessary to embarrass me like this mom?

Kiba: She seems like a great mother to me.

(Y/N): Yeah, you have no idea.

Kiba: Must be nice to have a family.

(Y/N): A-Are you saying you don't have a family?

Kiba:... Hey (Y/N), this picture.

(Y/N) looked up at the picture Kiba was looking at: It showed (Y/N), Issei, and another child with orange hair and violet eyes all playing on hand-held game systems.

(Y/N): Oh yeah, she lived down the street from us, we all used to play together all the time. they had to move once one of her parents got a job overseas. I can't remember her name though, all I remember is that Issei thought she was a boy.

Kiba: One more thing, do you remember this sword?

(Y/N): No, that picture was taken years ago, and a lot has happened since then.

Kiba: I guess anything is possible then, huh. That sword is a holy sword.

The two were so engulfed in their conversation that they didn't notice Miki had left the room and the girls had gone back to business. The two looked up again what Rias cleared her throat and informed Kiba that one of his regulars was summoning him. Kiba left and (Y/N) stood up and got ready to take a shower.