meredith grey - just tired

a/n: i recently got a gecko and i named it sloan 🥱🥱🦎💐

meredith works the night shift and you don't.
topic: hurt/comfort
~
3rd person pov:

It was 5:27 in the morning. Meredith just arrived home and she walked into the dark room her and her girlfriend y/n shared. she quickly discarded her pants and changed her top. as she was attempting to climb into bed, y/n felt commotion and groaned slightly while she grabbed meredith. essentially holding meredith as if she was a teddy bear. "I missed you." y/n spoke. no response.

"what's wrong love?" she added, "nothing. just tried." her voice a little groggy. y/n opened her eyes and looked towards meredith. her hand went up to cup her face and tears began to swell up in her eyes. she then started to sob, "hey hey hey mer woa it's okay." y/n softly spoke unaware of why she was so upset.

meredith didn't say anything due to her sobs consuming her voice and her head fell down to the croak of y/n's neck and held onto her waist tighter. "awe mer what happened?" she asked again. since there was still no response she held meredith close and didn't let go and she stroked her hair lovingly. whispering encouraging words of "its okay." and "I'm here.". when meredith has finally calmed down, she lifted her head to meet y/n's eyes.

her heart broke seeing meredith's red eyes and tear stained cheeks. y/n wiped the remaining tears, "talk to me" she whispered.
meredith took a deep inhale. "it's just.. we haven't even slept in the same bed in over a month. since bailey scheduled me on this stupid night shift. all i want to do is be with you but I can't. I cant even see you at work anymore. I see like for 10 minutes a day. it's exhausting." she finished.

"well it's exhausting not to see your gorgeous butt either ms grey." y/n joked trying to cheer her up, a laugh followed by a hiccup left meredith's mouth. "in all seriousness, it's not going to be like this forever. we'll get through this no matter what love." y/n spoke quietly putting stranded of hair behind meredith's ear. just as meredith was about to reply the alarm clock rang signalling that y/n was to get up and get ready for work. she groaned loudly and launched herself on top of y/n and restraining her hands over her head.

she gasped, "mer.... this early, too?" she smirked. "if it'll keep you here just a few minutes longer... then yes." meredith replied with a soft giggle and bent down to peck
y/n's lips. y/n smiled into the kiss and uh you know what happened next ;))

this one's short but wtv. dude im so close into deleting snap you have no idea 💀

anyways hope you enjoyed

LY BYE