It's a Girl

"C'mon Edward, we are going to be late" Ki'manni says looking at her watch. Everyone else was already in their vehicles while Ki'manni was impatiently waiting for Edward. It has been 37 years since Ki'manni was turned. She is now 58 years old and still looks how she did when she was 21. 

The gift of immortality. 

"I'm coming," Edward says in his normal volume knowing Ki'manni could hear him just fine. Ki'manni watches Edward walk down the stairs, his backpack hung on one shoulder. 

"Finally, you took all that time, and yet your still ugly" Ki'manni sasses. Edward gasps dramatically and Emmett can be heard laughing.  

"Good one K!" Emmet yells from the driver's side of his jeep. Ki'manni smiles at him as she walks towards Edward's Volvo. 

Ki'manni smiles at the sound of the engine revving up before her siblings' race down the road towards Forks HighSchool. Ki'manni lets down the window and lets the cold wind push her hair in different directions. The Jackson 5 plays loudly through the car stereo as it was Ki'manni's turn to pick the music between her and Edward. 

Ki'manni hears Alice giggle as she and Jasper pass them in the opposite lane. A playful scowl rests on Ki'mani's face as she watches them. 

"We're losing Edward" 

"Not for long" Edward says with a smirk as he looks at the girl beside him and back to the road. Ki'manni lets out a laugh and loud cheers as Edward presses his foot onto the gas causing them to speed up and pass Alice and Jasper. 

Edward speeds into the high school parking lot and parks into his usual spot, the rest of the coven right behind him.

"What's the score, Emmett?" Ki'manni calls out grabbing her backpack and getting out of the car. 

Emmett opens Rosalie's door for her and answers "16 to 4" 

Ki'manni smiles brightly and high-fives Edward. Ki'manni smiles drops a little as she looks towards Alice who is staring into space.

'A vision' Ki'manni thinks. 

Alice snaps out of it and blinks, Jasper immediately asking her what she saw.

"I saw Ki'manni's mate," 

Time seemed to have frozen. For the first time since 1968, Ki'manni was shocked. She couldn't see, couldn't hear, couldn't feel. Her ears rang as if a bullet was fired right beside her. She feels her mouth move but is unable to interpret what she said. 

"Bella Swan, the Chief's daughter" Alice answers. The Cullen Coven looked at Ki'manni with mixed emotions. Most of them seem worried, all except Rosalie. She looked as if she had a rotten taste in her mouth. 

"She's human," Rosalie said glaring at Ki'manni and Alice as if it were their fault. Ki'manni snaps her head around to look at Rosalie. A feeling of protectiveness flashed over her for someone she hasn't even met. 

"So were you. So was Emmett. We were all human once." Ki'manni starts to rant but pauses, finally comprehending Alice's and Rosalie's words. 

My mate is a girl