BRINGER OF WINTER DUOLOGY

Here's a teaser for Winter's Wrath: Bringer of Winter book two. Due to popular demand, I've decided to start uploading it next. I'll start that up in a few weeks, putting it 4 chapters ahead on my Patreon.

I will also be putting the first "chapter" (it's sort of a pre-prologue) up on my Patreon right now along with this teaser, if you want to check that out. It will still be a few weeks before I start uploading the rest, but I wanted to put that little something extra up there for my supporters ❤️

The Bringer of Winter Duology is, first and foremost, a high fantasy. It is a romance second. So yes, the first had very, very little romance. It was a buildup for the most part. The second will have more, and even some smexy times, I promise. Khif will need both his guys for the crap he has to face going forward, and the bs he already had to go through, and his guys will have to suck it the fuck up so they can be there for him. And maybe along the way, they realize they don't hate sharing him so much as they thought they would at first ;)

But the focus is on Khif's journey to taking back his rightful place, battling with everything he has lost, including his shay'yah and the song of the ancestors, and saving Wal'yah once and for all from the grasp of those who want her power for themselves. So it's a slow-burn romance, but mostly it's a fantasy story. It differs a little from my other stories in that way, where I focused more on the relationships than plot or other relationships that weren't between the love interests, but I hope it's maybe just a little bit better for that 😊

Let me know what you think, say hi, whatever. I only bite if you ask me super nicely, so don't be afraid to reach out!

ENJOY!

— HE RELL

"So we reach into the raging chaos, and we cling to it,
and we tell ourselves it has meaning,
and that the world is good, and we are not evil, and we will all go home in the end."
-Anne Rice

Born of chaos and shadow, a great, ancient evil may be behind every hell I have endured for the last two years.

Since the day my family was ripped from me and my life was torn asunder before my very eyes. Leaving me helpless to do anything but endure, over and over and over again.

Endure through the degradation of slavery.

Endure through the horrors of torture and assault.

Endure through having my magic, my very soul, ripped from me with a flimsy bit of metal.

I'm through enduring. I'm through letting others decide my fate.

I'm through with patience.

That ancient evil. The one spoken of in legends and myths and whispers told around campfires to scare children. The stories of a hag so powerful he tore the world asunder the last time he rose to power. The hag only tamed by the power of the children of the gods.

That bastard had better pray to whatever gods he believes in, because my patience, my endurance, and my sanity are all at an end.

If it is the last thing I do, he, and every one of his minions, will feel my wrath. The wrath of Wal'yah. The wrath of a thousand ancestors screaming along with me.

Finally, by my will, the wrath of winter will sear his flesh and his bones. And the gods have mercy on my soul for what I will give up, what I will tear apart, and who I will leave behind in doing so.

QUOTES EACH OF THE CHARACTERS HAVE PROBABLY (DEFINITELY) SAID AT SOME POINT IN THEIR LIFE.

"My Cailleach is my life. He is my purpose for being, my joy, and my god. That he makes me laugh is just a perk the gods have granted to me."
-Ryker

"Every person has evil in their hearts. Whether they hide the stink of it behind perfumes, gold, or religion makes no difference. It all stinks. And it all stinks the same. Some of us simply choose to wallow in our filth rather than try to hide it from the world. Does that make us worse, or simply less hypocritical?"
-Heath

"Thirsting after power is pointless. Once you have it, you only want more. I know. I have seen it. I have seen power rip apart good, kind men and leave them a sniveling creature I barely recognized. So why grasp for power, when you can reach for happiness? Love? Knowledge? When you can spend your life creating memories with those you love? What is power beside that?"
-Theo

"Wal'yah breathes. She knows all, sees all, feels all. She knows our hopes and our fears, lets the blood of our bodies soak into her earth like a quenching rain and sobs for it. She mourns when we mourn, screams out our battle cries alongside us, and rages when we rage. She is our mother, our goddess, our very soul. She is misunderstood by most, but she cares not. We are her chosen. The children of Wal'yah. And we may be broken and beaten down now, but we cannot lose our faith in that one great truth: Wal'yah fights for us. So let's us fight for her."
-Khif

COMING SOON!!