The Graie

My name is Enyo. I'm unsure where to start or even why it is me who has to write this and not one of my more eloquent siblings, so I suppose starting with my name is as good a place to begin as any.

I am a graei, one of three, but also a nymp, a hag, and the male lucky or, mayhap, unlucky enough to have been gifted with two great loves in his life.

My first love ended in tragedy.

My second will never feel the sting of death because I will it to be so. Because what the fuck else would a demigod use his power for but to keep the man he loves alive to endure the endless centuries by his side?

My first marriage was born of childish lust and rebellion and puppy love that blinded both of us to the weaknesses in each other.

My second saved my soul, the lives of my family, and the world.

But... I suppose if I were to truly go deeply into the story of how all that nonsense occurred, it would be more than a small missive I would be leaving. And it is all beside the point anyways.

The small, shining rock in your hand. The one you either stumbled upon, stole, or otherwise came into contact with, whether through no fault of your own or through nefarious means, could mean the end of the realms as you know them. Put. It. Down.

Put it back where you found it. Give it back to who you bought it from. Gods, I don't give a shit, bury it in the middle of a forest. But get away from it or your life will never be the same. You will either die or you will live long enough to rue the day you picked the damn thing up, and then you will die.

This is not a threat, it is a warning. A promise that there is nothing you or even I could do to stop the chain of events your keeping this stone or, gods forbid, using the magic within the blasted thing, will begin.

You will wake something that never should have been allowed to exist, will rend a tear in a barrier I nearly died to erect and I will. Not. Be. Happy.

If you are reading this, and you know what it is you hold— be warned. My siblings and I can see you. We know where you are, we see you with your mortal fingers clutched around its jagged edges, and we will come for you. We are merciful, maybe even kind, to those who deserve our mercy and our kindness. But the gods help you if you cross us. Not even they will be able to stop us from wreaking havoc upon your life.

Lastly, if it is you, Moros, my first love, greatest friend, and most beloved enemy, if it is you that holds this shard of our Eye— I see you, as I have always seen you. My siblings do not believe me when I tell them you will return someday, but I know. I know I will see you again, battle you again, kill you again.

If there is any bit of you remaining. Any small piece of the boy I once loved, who loved me in return, who cared for me and protected me and looked past all of my flaws to love the soul beneath. If any of you is still alive inside that shell Chaos left behind— please, don't do whatever it is you are planning. Come find me, face me, and you and I will find peace together. If I have to drag your soulless body to the afterlife myself, I will do it. Just please, Moros, come home.

There was good in you once. I pray to the gods that there can be again.

Signed,

The Graie

Enyo

Deino

Pem