Chap 1

** Small disclaimer: this is just one of my interpretations of Lucas that I so happen to enjoy writing! If it isn't your cup of tea, that's alright. All Lucases are valid here. <3 You and him are also aged to be young adults ! ! **
(Y/N) = your name
(H/L) = hair length
(H/C) = hair color
————-

"I just can't seem to find motivation to paint lately." The blond boy spoke as he sat down next to you on the soft and lightly dewed grass that glistened in the moonlight.
It was almost like no matter how long you had knew him, there was still something so secretive about him. Undeniably, the sufferable and resilient charm about him fascinated and drew you in more. You knew that Lucas always had a hard time with being attached to people and strayed away from contact as much as he could, but somehow you were a different story. Lucas could always crack like an egg whenever it came to you, and you liked that about him. It made your bond significant and special, something to hold onto.

After a moment of silence between you two, accompanied by the muted sounds of the bugs and nocturnal creatures chattering amongst themselves, Lucas spoke up with a short, yet concerned, observation, "You're quiet today."
Laughing it off, you shook your head in response at his comment. You didn't mean to come off as hushed, your mind was just only running a million miles per hour with thoughts. "Sorry, Lucas. Something has just been on my mind lately. It's not your fault." You could even say you told him a bold faced lie, the thoughts WERE for him. Yet, if you were to state that vaguely, you would have known that would panic him more.
With a worried expression, Lucas Himawari stopped his idle fiddling with blades of grass to aid you. As he scooted in closer, you felt your heart almost explode out of your chest already.

You were guilty of hopelessly daydreaming about your dearest friend, but who could blame you? Who could ignore those hypnotic, deep baby blue eyes? Or his tall, gentle, awkward, and deer-like frame? Not to mention his humbled, old fashioned ways that set him unique from others. You always admired how hardworking and resolute he was.
He was pitiful, but in an endearing way. Like a lost puppy just waiting to be brought in and cared for. You could only dream to be the one to do so.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" His voice snapped you back to reality instantaneously. "You're never this quiet.."
You felt his long, thin fingers caress your scalp, hesitantly running them through your (h/l) (h/c) locks in frantic attempt to comfort you.
You sighed at the feeling, an uncontrollable chill running up your spine. You couldn't bask in this moment completely, though. In attempt to draw attention away from yourself, you brushed it off. "You worry yourself too much, Lucas."

————-
** Authors note: Sorry for the interruption, I'll update this with part two if it gets any kind of significant attention! Thank you so much for reading! **