CHAPTER TWELVE: The Oath of Silence

As soon as the maids were done dressing Felicity, she demanded to talk to the Count at once. They were reluctant to do so for the Count's orders were to have the Little Miss enjoy a warm bath and a meal before taking her back to bed and he would be going to her room to have the promised talk. Ginger called the attention of Madame Clementine and asked her to help on convincing Felicity to eat a meal first.

Madame Clementine then entered the lady's designated bedroom, approached the young girl with a gentle smile and began with a curtsy and a bow.

"Greetings Lady Felicity... My name is Clementine Morton, the head maid of the Acker house," she introduced herself.

"Greetings to you as well Madame, however, I was pretty sure I politely asked to be taken to where the Count is. As much as I want to engage in pleasantries with you, I'm afraid the talk with His Grace is of higher importance. Can you take me to him please?" Felicity answered. Even though she used polite words, her tone was coated with sarcasm.

Before Ginger went to get her, Madame Clementine was serving refreshments to Dr. Silas and the healers as they gathered around the teatable to discuss Lady Felicity's treatment. She had heard their conversation, of their awe at how different the little miss was to what they expected and of how fearlessly she looks at others and talks straightforwardly with the Count.

"I was told the little lady was just found recently and had been living as a commoner, but certainly her blood as an Acker showed in her demeanor. She's much more genteel than any of the noble children in the capital and she has such an aura of authority..." Sir Elias commented, sharing his insights with the two gentlemen.

"She must've been born with it. To be honest, I was intimidated by her. That's quite amazing for a child of eight years..." Sir Sebastian remarked.

Dr. Silas gave a laugh. "Well, she does resemble the Count when he was a child... I had been in service to the Acker Countdom since His Grace was a wee toddler, and so I can tell you he was just as stubborn-looking and obstinate as the little lady..."

Madame Clementine was reminded of the conversation as she too felt the so-called 'aura of authority' that the young girl emitted. It was of no doubt that she was of noble bloodline. Madame Clementine had been feeling that way since she first met the lady on the day she first stepped into the Count's study.

The Madame maintained her smile as she explained to Felicity the orders of the Count for her to eat first before meeting him.

"I'm not hungry. I can eat later," Felicity answered, getting a little annoyed. "The Count promised to talk after I receive the check-up, and thus I'm just humbly demanding that he stick to that promise," she said before a serious glint settled onto her sapphire-like eyes. "Or was the Count's promise just empty words?" she added, her words heavy with accusation.

Seeing that the Count's word of honor was in danger of doubt, Madame Clementine caved in. She apologized for causing the lady distress and began leading her to where the Count rested.

As Felicity's wheelchair was being pushed by Ginger, she muttered darkly under her breath. "This is one of the many reasons I hate nobility. The time necessary to ask for an audience is enough for me to finish a whole chore. Such time-wasting hypocrites."

Both Ginger and Madame Clementine heard her and couldn't help but sigh internally. The walk to the Count's office couldn't had been more uncomfortable, and upon exiting the room, Kenley tagged along with a quip at his master.

"You want to come with me?" Felicity asked her pet. Kenley gave a bark.

"Tag along then, and ifever someone hurts me, go bite them. You should make good use of those new fangs," Felicity told him. Kenley gave another excited bark.