SECRETS

It feels unreal for Billkin to step inside this place again. He zones out for a few seconds looking at the space on the floor where he went through the near death experience weeks ago.

"Sorry it's a bit messy." exclaims Krit as he puts away the heavy art books and the formless sketches to make space for the cup of iced tea. It's a relief Billkin agreed to stay, or else god knows when he'll have another chance to apologize properly.

But Billkin doesn't think this place is messy at all. In fact, the one-room flat appears much more breathable in daylight, with kitchen, bedroom and study room all decorated in a simple but significant vibe.

Krit leans against the kitchen counter with another cup in his hands. The chilled lemon tea runs down his throat and calms his mind. He still doesn't know where to start this conversation, to say sorry right away or to thank him for introducing a thoughtful doctor, and then apologize for his rudeness. Then, he notices something sticking out of the Billkin's shirt pocket.

"You haven't eaten it yet?" ask Krit as he pointed his sight at the strawberry lollipop from last night.

"Ah." gasps the man who just realize he's been carried it this all morning. "I usually don't feel well when I have to see Thanaerng, so I thought this would make you feel better, at least."

Krit chuckles at the man's words. Though looking tough and cold, his actions have been very caring and gentle, unlike the untamed tattoo and the hidden gun on the side of his waistband. The quote "Never judge a book by its cover" slowly paving its way into Krit's mind, making it less cliché and more of a real life example, so he tries to gather the most decent words he can find, hoping it would not offend this new friend.

"I'm sorry." murmurs Krit when a silence falls between them, and when he catches the confusion in Billkin's eyes, he continues. "For being so rude last night."

Billkin's breath nearly stops the moment Krit settles down in the sit across from him. The small coffee table between them seems to be the closest they've ever been since that night, and it's a bit overwhelming for him to take in the view of Krit's blinking eyes and those random moles on his face, all at once. So the man adjusts his position, and clears his throat before finally bringing himself back to a proper reply.

"No worries." responds Billkin with a nod while looking down as Krit's wrists. He just remembers about the bruises and the check-up this morning. "I'm glad you agree to see Thanaerng. Hope you're feeling better now."

A silence falls between them the moment he speaks of the appointment, as if it has reminded Krit of something uncomfortable and now Billkin is regretting his words seeing him gripping onto the cup much tighter, eyes haven't left the floor, raging and embarrassed at the same times. Then, the bag of mediation lying around the couch has his attention, so he offers something in hope to break the heavy silence dragging its tail around both of them.

"Do you want me to... help with your bruises?" asks to help Billkin. "Thanaerng usually gives me medical balm to apply. I think you have that too."

Krit's eyes widen in surprise, but then the sincerity in the man's voice somehow tells him it's alright to say yes. Plus, there are spots he wouldn't be able to reach himself. So Krit hands his guest the bag, in response for permission and takes off his shirt, because there are, in facts, more wounds hiding under his clothes than just those sneaking beneath his sleeves.

Billkin can hear his heart stops beating and drops to the floor at the sight of the boy's body being covered in bruises, front and back. Some of them are new red, some of them are darker, some of them look like they have never had a chance to heal. But none of the bruises made their way to Krit's neck and face. That means whoever did this must have tried to cover their action as well. He's angry? Yes. Saddened? Even more. He can't help imagining the brutality that Krit had to endure.