0.1

System 078 sighed tiredly as it morphed from a stray cat into a crow. He flew high above onto the wire and landed quietly, it's been almost six hundred years since he became a system and only sixty years since he became an official administrator and yet he still couldn't find a suitable host. Sure, many other systems had already told him that finding a host was a difficult thing because generally speaking, your first host will remain with you for almost all of eternity unless something drastic happens.

And not to mention, Senior System 003 also told him that he needed to be picky otherwise his job will be hell! Apparently, Senior System 003's very first host was an absolute nightmare who brought about nothing but disaster. Nobody knew where the host went but System 003 didn't seem too bothered about him. Then again, system 003 never took another host after that so many he was bothered by it.

But System 078 was very determined to pick a good host, the best of the best! Their host has to be beautiful, smart, talented, amazing, brilliant, and outstandingly extraordinary! Well, his ideal host that was. All the other systems agreed that such a host didn't exist but System 078 wasn't deterred, he was sure that his ideal host existed somewhere...

Huh?

System 078 stared at the boy who was sleeping on the bed, or well, dying on the bed was more specific. And he looked super peaceful despite the almost blue parlour on his face and his purple lips. Slightly horrified yet curious, System 078 turned invisible and floated over. He entered the luxurious studio apartment and wanted to cry out in alarm.

The boy had been poisoned! The glass of water that was dropped on the ground was dipped in poison, a quick scan from System 078 confirmed it firmly. Oh no, they can't interfere with stuff like this, not in this world. This was one of the no-touch worlds, meaning they couldn't interfere with life and death as they could with other worlds. Panicking, System 078 didn't even notice he had activated the 'show statistics' function until he looked back at the dying person again.

If his current form had a mouth, System 078 would've broken his jaw from how wide it would've been opened. This... this was the perfect, ideal host! Smart, Athletic, and everything he could ever wish for! This was a jackpot! No-Touch worlds mean no interfering but it didn't mean System 078 couldn't take someone from No-Touch worlds as a host! Decisively, System 078 hooked himself to the soul and waited for the man to die.

He frowned slightly when the soul tried to slip away and barely managed to grab hold, maybe it was because his host was so amazing that System 078 nearly allowed the soul to escape. When the body finally died, the man's soul left and System 078 pulled him directly into his private system scape. System 078 surveyed the man and nodded to himself in satisfaction, jokes on the other system, he found his perfect host!

"Hello! Congratulations on becoming the new host for the whitewashing system!" System 078 had looked at his statistics and knew the man's name already. "I am System 078, we'll be working together from now on, Host Shen Yi!"

Shen Yi: ?

The man blinked and then dropped back down to the floor with his eyes closed as if to say "Not Today, Satan."

System 078 stared at the scene dumbfoundedly, this wasn't going according to what he had planned? Senior 003 had said that you should try to be cheerful and domineering when collecting a new host, they will automatically be happy and delighted. Some of the other systems also said that their hosts were very happy to join the systems, joking that they felt like quick transmigration characters.

"Uhm... Host Shen Yi?" System 078 called out hesitantly. He transformed into a fluffy kitten and trotted over, placing his white paws on Shen Yi's arm, he nudged it slightly. Oh no, did he mess up with the soul of his host? What if System 078 accidentally damaged it?! He felt like crying now, he could feel the familiar stinging feeling from the back of his eyes. He cried out pitifully, "Host Shen Yi, don't die again!"