Am I getting weirder? Yes

[ Littleverse/littles are known, just because I don't wanna have to do a reveal fic.
Inspired by that one unfinished fic on ao3 I will link when I find it

Try a little harder by gravelowls on ao3

https://archiveofourown.org/works/16787011

Steve is a little denies it gets the serum bucky dies and then he dies, he wakes up finds bucky again. Gets de-serumed and can no longer deny his own biology ]

No one was ever really one hundred percent sure what the serum did exactly to steve's body. Buckys was a tad bit clearer since they did have information on him from the lead scientist who didn't die ten seconds after his project had been proven successful. That and the fact that hydra was so proud of their little assassin they gladly shared his documents with others. It was creepy in a way but hey if it gave the avengers insight on his neurological functions then why complain. 

Steve was trickier, even before Doctor Erskine died project rebirth was a top-secret thing so practically no files were still available. And because of the wonderfully ableist government who wanted people to forget Captain America was ever a puny little punk most documents left were destroyed. Including steves birth certificate.

Which wasn't exactly the best when Steve woke up in his bed one day screaming in pain as his body was being ripped to shreds figuratively and literally, shrinking and deforming, he tossed and turned whilst screaming and crying for help, no words actually left his lips. Bucky woke up quickly trying to figure out what the hell was going on first tuning around frantically while pulling Steve closer to him trying to find the threat in the room. When he realized there was none he quickly turned his attention back to Steve, who was still yelling and tossing all over the place nearly falling off the bed. At this point, other members of the team were stumbling down the dark corridor some with weapons trying to figure out what was going on.

Then Bucky noticed it, Steve was smaller not just skinnier but shorter too. Much more than he'd been just a few minutes ago. He looked almost like he did before the serum.

Bucky realized this was someone he thought was left behind almost a century ago, someone he thought he'd never see again. This was the friend he left back in 1943. This was Steve Rodgers, not Captain America.  

Was that even possible, could it just wear off? Was it some sort of magic no there was no threat the avenger's tower was one of the safest places on earth and bucky trusted Friday not to get hacked. So what had happened? Could it be so simple?

Captain America was gone instead on the bed was a small, god he looked smaller than he did before Bucky was even shipped out all those decades ago maybe it was just that bucky was bigger himself now. But something about the panting small still whimpering form on the bed made Bucky's stomach turn uncomfortably.

Then the little blonde looked up at him with big blue eyes filled with tears, snot running from his nose, he was so pale you could probably call a vampire tan in comparison. He was shaking with fears and sobs as he spoke, and Bucky didn't think he had ever seen someone look so terrified before.

"Buck owie"

A little.

Steve was a little, it was so painfully obvious. of course, he was. Sure he liked to go around picking fights in every ally in Brooklyn and act all tuff, but when he came home sobbing his eyes out, bleeding and bruised, it was so obvious that he was supposed to be safe and protected, where Bucky could make sure nothing bad ever happened to him again. Sure Steve was tuff real tuff he, could take it, he would get up eventually no matter what. That did not mean Bucky didn't want to fix everything for him this second.