Tour

"Will Hope Mikaelson, come to the headmaster's office," Alaric said over the intercom.

Hope's brows furrowed in confusion, as she looked to her teacher he nodded and Hope collected her things and headed to Alaric's office.

"Dr. Saltzman?" She said knocking on the door.

"Come in," Alaric replied.

Hope opened the door and she immediately froze.

"Hope, this is--"

"Stiles?" Hope said in surprise, looking at the blind boy standing against the wall.

"Hope?" Stiles said in confusion, recognizing the sound of her voice.

Hope stammered.

"You two know each other?" Alaric asked.

"W-We met last night," Hope stuttered,"What are you doing here?"

"He's our newest student," Alaric told her.

Hope's gaze whipped to Stiles,"I-I didn't know you were--"

"Neither did I," Stiles said,"Hang on, I said that wrong. I mean that I didn't know that you were supernatural. But I know that I am."

"What exactly are you?" Hope said.

"Our first type B werewolf and Alpha," Alaric said,"Can you give him the tour?"

Hope crossed her arms, and Stiles sensed her gaze on him,"Wouldn't you rather have Lizzie and Josie give it?"

"They're visiting their Mom in Europe," Alaric told her,"And you're the only one that I trust with his... condition," He added hesitantly.

"I'm blind, not sensitive," Stiles said.

"Alright," Hope said, turning toward Stiles."Do I have to guide you around or..."

"No," Stiles said, folding up his cane and sticking it in his back pocket,"I'll just follow you around," He said, walking out of the room like he could see the path ahead of him.

Hope stared after him in shock, looking at Alaric in confusion.

"Let's go!" Stiles said, sticking his head back in the office, and Hope broke out of her shocked daze and followed him.

"Are you sure you're blind?" Hope asked, going to walk next to Stiles as he dodged a chair as they walked into the great room.

"My eyes, yes," Stiles said,"I can see the same way bats do, echolocation among other things. It actually makes me know my surroundings a lot more clearly. And watch out!" He said, taking her hand and pulling her back just as a group of vampires came zooming across the hallway, and she would have been trampled if Stiles hadn't taken her hand.

Stiles inhaled sharply at the feeling of the skin of her hand and he quickly pulled back.

"Thanks," Hope said,"And... you heard that coming?"

"Something like that," Stiles replied,"My senses paint the picture, I just have to learn how to navigate it."

"So, can you see me?" Hope asked.

Stiles turned his head toward Hope,"Just an outline of your body, not your face. Like I can see how tall you are, other than that. Nothing."

Hope couldn't help but feel bad for him.

"Sympathy has an acrid scent you know," Stiles said, facing forward,"Can you just give me the tour?"

"Sure," Hope said after a moment of silence,"The school was built for people like us, supernaturals. Especially the ones that have trouble controlling their abilities."