Mrs. Pugh

This chapter is set about 3 months after the last chapter.

  I woke up earlier than Florence today, preparing to go out to meet her mother. I found a sticky note and jotted down a quick blurb for Florence to read when she woke up. It was our 8 month anniversary and I had a very special day planned. These past few months Florence and I have grown impossibly closer. She's come to every doctor's appointment I've had and a few therapy sessions. I looked back down at the note, satisfied.

Dear darling,
When you read this I'll be out. I know, I woke up early for once.
I'm planning a very special day for our anniversary.
I made you breakfast, all your favorites. Careful, it's on the bedside table.
I'm yours and your mine,
Us against the world love.
Love you, Y/N

   I put the note on my pillow. I pulled a thick coat on, wary of the snow tent was falling. We'd finished up filming White Widow a few weeks ago, so we were still in London. I'd grown accustomed to the weather. I missed more than anything, the heat of L.A. I pulled my bag over my shoulder and left our bedroom quietly. I went down the stairs carefully, making sure not to slip and bust my ass. I found my car key and quickly got in.

"Fucking winter in London," I mumbled, backing out of the driveway.
   I turned onto the main road, my nerves getting to me. I took a deep breath at the coffee shop I was meeting Mrs. Pugh at. I'd met Flo's mom once before a few weeks back. She was wonderful. But this time was different. I was going to ask her permission to marry Florence. Her father is it of town currently, but I planned to ask him separately anyways. I pulled into the parking lot, unbuckling my seatbelt. Mrs. Pugh waved me over to a table. The snow had slowed.

"Hello dear!" she called, a pleasant twinge in her voice.
"Hey, Mrs. Pugh." I smiled brightly, sitting down across from her.
  I fiddled with my friendship ring. I still wore it every day. I pulled the menu into my lap, looking through it. It's not like I needed it, I went here practically every day.

"What did you want to talk about dear?"
"Um- well. Florence and I have been serious for a while and I think she's the one. No, I know she's the one. Every day I wake up next to her is a good one. We've weathered every storm so far and we'll keep doing so. I wanted your permission to marry your daughter." I rambled.
"I would love for you to marry her. You're her match. She just seems complete with you." she smiled, taking my hand into hers.
"Thank you so much."

About two hours later I returned home, arms full of flowers and chocolate. I'd made a stop at the supermarket before I came home.

"Darling! I'm home!" I called, setting the chocolate down on the table next to the front door.
"Baby! I missed you!" she smiled, rushing over to hug me.
"Careful! Roses." I smiled back, picking one out of the bouquet and giving it to her.

"You're too kind. I made you pastries!" she beamed, taking the rose and smelling it. I followed her into the kitchen. I smelled the wonderful aroma of croissants.
"I FUCKING LOVE CROISSANTS!" I cried, putting the flowers into a vase quickly before hugging Florence.
"I know you do. Now can you tell me why you were getting coffee with my mom?" she asked, raising her eyebrow.
"Well, I like your mom." she gave me a quizzing look. "Fine. I'm planning a big surprise for tonight,"
"I'm dying of anticipation." she smiled, standing on her tippy-toes to kiss me.

I kissed her back before pulling away to look at the croissants. A low moan came out of my throat as I walked over. I picked one up, smelling its buttery aroma.