Coffee

Today started off like any other normal day. Karkat woke up at the crack ass of dawn, threw on a grey turtleneck sweater with some skinny jeans, went downstairs to grab coffee. Ignoring his brother, Kankri's, lecture on the effects of caffeine, he headed to school. Karkat doesn't have to walk to school but he rather do that than show up in some 8 million dollar car or whatever fancy car his father thought suited.

Karkat was the youngest in the Vantas family and had absolutely no interest in the family business. Karkat's dad is the creator of The Vantas clothing line, home to possibly the most ridiculous pants possible and Karkat wants no part in that humiliation.

It was cold out but the oversized grey sweater and coffee was keeping Karkat warm enough to keep him moving through the light snow that layered the ground. Taking another sip of coffee a hand collided with Karkat's back spilling the hot liquid everywhere. Stunnded for a moment he could just watch as the culprit run by, it was to early in the morning for this shit.

"Fuck you, Strider!" He shouted after him. Normally Karkat would put up more of a fight but he was tired and now out of coffee. 

"Hey, Karbro," a voice behind Karkat said cheerily with a thick southern accent. 

"Hello, Gamzee," Karkat groaned as he slowly turned to his much to tall juggalo friend. Gamzee looked how he always did, pjs still on, messy hair, and of course the white clown makeup he insists on wearing.

"Here," he said even more cheerfully as he held out a half full cup of coffee. 

Karkat looked at the cup then back at his friend who had a shit eating grin so big it's a surprise his face doesn't break then back to the cup. "thank you," he muttered as he took the cup from the taller boy.

They both began to make their way to the high school. "you know, Gamzee?" Karkat spoke up, "you still put way too much sugar in your coffee."

"What's up and motherfucking wrong with that?" Gamzee protest, "I don't like that bitter black coffee you up an drink."

"Whatever, we better hurry we're going to be late for school." Karkat muffled into his cup as they both picked up speed to make it just in time for the first bell to ring. 

"Hey, Karbo!" Gamzee called as he waved a goodbye "I'll see you at lunch!"

Karkat smiled and waved back.