Figuring Out the Puzzle Pieces

Draco POV

I walk up to l/n, for some reason whenever I hear her voice, it seems as if all of my troubles washed away in my mind— finding an inner peace.

"Geez... What took you so long?!" She jokingly gets mad. Quite endearing, actually.

Suddenly, a very small gust of wind pulls my hood a bit back, revealing my face only up to my eyes but nothing more.

I looked at l/n in the eyes clearly for the first time in a while— I feel the atmosphere tense up and something inside of me throbbing. It can't possibly be that I like her... right?

I mean I've been thinking about it for a long time now, there's now way I'd fall for a lowly muggle. She's not even my type! I can't allow myself to fall for her, absolutely not.

y/n POV

A gust of wind let me actually see Draco's face up so close... haven't really seen it up this close in a while. We locked eyes, for some reason I can feel myself lost in his enchanting gray eyes.

His gaze is so captivating... that stupid gaze... I feel something deep inside of me wanting to inch closer to him.

I realize what I was doing, so I had to quickly snap out of it. I got the realization chills.

"Draco..?" I said his name, making sure nobody else in the courtyard heard, which they probably didn't— He still hasn't answered my question yet.

Draco POV

"Draco..?" l/n called out to me, I snap out of her eyes and avert mine to the side as I remember her question.

"Well you know those idiots, Crabbe and Goyle, always clinging onto me." I respond to her with. To be honest, I almost stammered. I don't know why I feel so nervous right now...

I pull over my hood to cover up my face. I can feel the nervousness and warmness of my face wanting to sink into the darkness of my hood.

I don't know what I'm actually feeling though, since it most definitely can't be along the lines of romance.

Crabbe POV

"Hey, Goyle.", I say as Goyle and I are playing chess, "I think Malfoy might have a thing for a y/h... and apparently she's a mudblood like Granger."

"Really?" He replies with, oh boy— this will be an interesting discussion.

"Yeah," I say, "Do you know that y/h? l/n I think it was? Well, whenever we have the same class as her, are in the same room as her, or even pass by her in the halls, Malfoy always seems to glance at her."

Goyle looks down and puts his finger on his chin in a thinking position. Then he snapped his fingers as his eyes lit up with realization.

"You're right, Crabbe! He doesn't seem to glance at anyone as often as that y/h, l/n, which is odd.", Goyle tells me, "Who would've known Malfoy would go stoop so low as to find a mudblood crush? What about better girls for him, like Parkinson?"

I agree with Goyle. Malfoy out of all people liking a mudblood? That's absurd.

"You know, I think I've seen l/n hanging out with a hooded Slytherin, do you think that could be Malfoy?"He added on. I also agreed with that because sometimes when Malfoy wasn't with us, we would see a y/h girl and a mysterious Slytherin chatting.

"You know, we should confront Malfoy about this." I suggest. "Yeah, we need to get to the bottom of this." Goyle replies.

It's time to play a bit of detective.