Chapter Eighteen - Trapped

"He's late. What time is it?" Issy looked at me impatiently. "You should so get your own watch." I muttered as I checked mine. "It's not time yet. It's two minutes since you last asked. And anyways, there's still a whole half hour until the Doors shut." Issy glared at me. "Then why is Minho back early when Thomas said he would be back early and Minho didn't! Thomas should have beat Minho!" She shouted, waving her arms. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, love. Everything alright?" Newt said, his hand still on my shoulder. "Thomas isn't back yet. And Issy's losing it." I gestured to Issy, who was pacing back and forth in front of the Doors.

Minho came over, stopping beside Issy. He opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by a rush of wind blowing through the Doors' entrance, nearly blowing me and Issy off our feet. Issy paled, realising what the wind meant. The Gladers came rushing over, making an uncoordinated semi-circle around the closing gap. "The Doors are closing!" Someone shouted, stating the obvious.
"It's early!"
"Why are they closing now?"
"Are all the Runners back?"
Chuck barged his way through the crowd to us. "Where's Thomas?" He asked, panicked. We all shrugged. Issy looked like she was about to throw up. Just then, the gap between the Doors rapidly closing, we saw a flicker of movement. The Gladers all noticed. "It's Thomas!" Clint shouted over the noise of the other Gladers.

We all screamed encouragement to the approaching Thomas. "He's not going to make it!" Jeff said sadly from beside Clint. Newt elbowed him sharply, before going back to yelling for Thomas to come on. Then we all noticed he was limping heavily, and we started shouting harder, Issy crying loudest of all.

I could see her mind whirring as the gap between the Doors closed further. Thomas fell to the ground a hundred feet from the gap, and we all knew, deep inside our hearts, he would not make it. He would have to spend a night in the Maze. Issy let out a sharp cry before sprinting into the Maze, just sqeezing through the small space between the Doors.

"Issy - no!" Minho screamed, trying to grab for her. But it was too late. Issy and Thomas were in the Maze. The Doors were shut. There was no going back.
  __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:
Okay, I screamed multiple times during this chapter. My mum just bought a new kitten, so I was using it as my emotional support animal! I wonder what's gonna happen next... (wink, wink).
Please vote, comment and follow (: