Realisation

Thud! Thud! Loud banging and crashing sounds echoed through my room, to disrupt my catnap. Scrunching my eyebrows together, agitated and annoyed I pushed my eye open to find the source that interrupted my sleep. Dishevelled and disoriented from the sudden loud sounds I swayed out of my room towards the living room, assuming that it was the usual bickering among my parents.

The living room had a clear view of the kitchen and what I saw next had me questioning my own existence. My dad was on the floor with knuckles oozing out blood, the food and crucible scattered on the floor and my mom seething in pain lying on the floor with punch marks and busted lips.

The time has seemed to stop. The scene that lay in front of me was something. I couldn't even imagine in my wildest dreams. I held on to the pillar to stable my willing limbs. Reality, has stuck me hard and there was no turning back. Soon anger and disgust rushed through me, angers towards my mom for keeping up with stuck violence, anger to myself for not knowing the façad about my perfect family. All this while, when mom used to say she fell of the ladder in the attic or slipped off the tub in bathroom were all lies. In reality, she was facing violence and all I ever thought that my mom was clumsy.

Anger coursed through my veins. How could she be so such a coward? Why would she even sacrifice so much to live in this hell! The house and the view in front of me was slowly killing me. As I rushed towards the door thumping my foot, indicating my presence, my mom's whimpering quietened down and with that I had enough again. She was trying to hide it from me. I snatched the car keys from the entrance and rushed out. The car sped off. I kept increasing the speed as if to run away from the reality and soon a bright light blinded by vision screeched and

Bang!

The smell of alcohol-based sanitizers filled my nostrils. My eyelid felt heavy as if thousands of lorries rested on them. With some discomfort and immense pressure, I cracked my eyes open to see myself in a hospital bed and my mom beside me clutching my hand tightly. My movements seemed to have broken her trances and she looked at me with a smile, "Goodness, sweetie. You're awake! I was so worried about you."

I moved my hand away from her grasp and touched her bruised cheek. Understanding my unasked questions, she soon mumbled, "Oh dear, it's nothing. I was clumsy." "Stop, mom! Enough!" I shouted. "No more lying. I saw everything today." Mom had tears in her eyes gushing out nonstop and even I was crying. After an eerie of deafening silence that seemed like decades. Mom spoke up, "This will end. I will leave him and it ends with us."

The day we both unexpectedly helped each other, my accident gave her the strength to leave that hell and come out of the norms of the society and her courage helped me to learn that

Violence is never acceptable,
No matter what or who is on stake.

______________________________________

Author's Note :

Thank you so much for reading my story. It's a short story. I don't know if you like it or not. Please comment and inform me that you really like my story or not. If you like my story,
Please vote, comment and follow me.

Whispers: if you follow me, I'll follow you back with my main account and also backup account. So please follow me.

Love Guys. Stay well and stay happy.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥