Chapter 2: Confusion

I opened my eyes expecting to see the ceilings of my own room, but I see the court of Karasuno's Volleyball Gym instead. The court that's not renovated yet. It's the usual court where I used to practice in school days. What brings me here? Why am I here?

I looked at both of my hands. It's particularly normal with red bruises because of receiving practice. I checked on myself and sure this is me, but I still doubt this is reality.

I can't use reality check since I'd feel pain anyways. There's nothing I can do to check the reality I'm in right now. Yet, I'm pretty sure this is a dream. This is one of the dreams I had lately. But, this dream is peculiarly very vivid. Rather than those cutscenes where I used to jump over other scenes quickly, this one seems like I live in this reality. This one is so vivid to the point that it scares me.

I walked around the court alone. Yes. Alone. No one is here. Despite this is the school's gym, I barely hear voices from other students walking by the hallway. This is another reason why I believe I'm in a dream, yet it's way too vivid and realistic.

It was like the school is now on holiday but the gym is opened. I ran out of the gym, try to at least find someone to talk to. Hallways is good, so I tried to ran along with my own footsteps, but I barely met someone. Not even the school's janitor. Ah, this is new.

How do I woke up from this vivid dream?

As I ran desperately with in the quiet hallways, with both of my eyes looking around wildly, finally I bumped into something taller and bigger than me.

"Sorry," I said as I slowly looked up to witness someone with that particular raven hair.

Seriously, I need to stop bringing him into this kind of dream. But, is this reality really on my control?

"Oi, dumbass," He called me out. "Why are you running in the hallways? Don't you see you scared other students?"

"Eh?" I'm confused.

I'm alone. And just now I met you, Kageyama.

Just like that, like a snap, I'm inside a crowdy school's hallways. Everyone on their uniform walking around the hallways like normal days. Not just that, everything looks so normal. Very normal.

Even Kageyama... he's not the one I met yesterday in the court. He's the one I met at the first time. He's younger than the one I compete against yesterday.

I got more confused.

Am I actually still a high school student or one of an actual MSBY players? Is this the reality or the ones I had yesterday was the dream? My visions become blur, my head is spinning, my legs start to limp around, and then two hands catch me before I kissed the floor for good.

"Are you sick?" Kageyama asked with a soothing and worried voice. "You do look pale. Is that the reason you skipped practice this morning?"

What? I skipped morning practice I've always waiting for? No, I'd never skip even one. Besides, I just got here. Or... is this something beyond my mind? Beyond my reality?

Kageyama helped me walk to the health room without asking more questions about how did I got sick or why did I skip morning practice. My visions are still blur and I can't grasp my hearings right. It feels like I'm detached from reality. Even though both of my legs are touching the ground with Kageyama's help, I still feel so weak and as if I stepped on the mud.

As soon as we arrived at the health room, the nurse helped Kageyama to put me in the bed. The nurse then checked my condition and asking me several basic health condition such as since when I feel dizzy or what did I eat yesterday. Since I can't explain what really happen, I just lied that I'm tired and stressed out because of volleyball. That's the only reason that make sense after all.