Red Light, Green Light ¹

"Hey come back here you bastard!" some old man yelled running out of his store after me. "Karma will get you someday you piece of shit! Rot in hell!"

I just laughed running to the underground station with the things I took from him. It's just bread and some money, not a big deal. 30,000 won. He'll recover from that.

I sat on one of the benches and ripped the piece of bread, stuffing it into my mouth. I sat there, munching on that bread for a few minutes before a fancy looking man sat beside me.

"Excuse me?" I ignored him, but instead of leaving me (like I predicted he would) he put his hand on my shoulder "Excuse me, can I take you a second?" he asked again.

"Yes"

"Do you wa-"

"Your second is up" I cut him off by looking at the watch on my left hand that in fact is not there 'cause I'm too broke to afford one.

"I-" I stood up but he stopped me. "Would you like to play a game, with me?"

"Ew are you one of those creeps? You should be ashamed of yourself. Disgusting"

"N-No! It's about money" He opened his fancy black box showing me the stacks of 50 000 won and 10 000 won in there, besides was a blue and a red cardboard but thats less important. Fuck that's a lot of money. "You need money right?" He smirked after he saw the twinkles in my eyes sparkle at the sight of so much paper with the value of my life.

"What's the game?" I asked with a fake smile.

"So, have you ever played ddakji before?"

"Yeah I did"

"So I suppose you know how to play?"

"I mean, I just said I played it. It's obvious that I know how to play it, damn. Are you okay fancy man?"

"If you win I'll give you 100,000 won, if I flip your card around you'll give me the same amount" He smiled and I huffed.

"Do you think I look like someone who has a fucking money tree? I have 30,000 won and I don't plan on sharing it with you"

"Then I'll slap you. Each time I win you get a slap and each time you win you'll get 100,000 won from me"

"Sure"

"Pick the color" He said holding up the red and blue cardboard.

"My favorite color is red so I'll take the blue one thanks" I fake smiled at him.

"Okay, I'll let you start" I smirked, I threw the card hard on his that was laying on the floor and it turned around.

"Ha! I was a pro at this!" he smiled and gave me the money. I looked under the light to check if it's real and I pecked it stuffing it into my pocket right afterwards.

Few turns passed and I recived six slaps and 500,000 won.

"You know, there are other games in which you can earn even more money"

"Really?" I asked "How much?"

"A lot"

"Ah yeah, it explains everything" I sarcastically replied. "No, bye. See you...never fancy man" I saluted and turned around to walk away.

"You're 19 years old Y/n Y/l/n. Daughter of Y/f/n and Y/m/n Y/l/n who they kicked out of theirs household for being *cough* gay. You didn't finish high school because you had to try keeping yourself alive on streets. You 'borrow' money from banks and strange people, and steal from little stores. You keep on running away from being an adult. You need this money" He said and pulled out a gold piece of paper with three shapes on it. "You just have to call that number"

"I-I" I stuttered "First if all, I'm bi not gay. You have some wrong info fancy guy. And secondly. This is weird as fuck" I walked his way and grabbed the piece of paper.

"There's not many spots left, think about that offer. Good luck" he said and left in the metro that just arrived.

"Weird fancy man" I shook my head. I inspected the card with the number on it.

5650-4008

I pulled out my phone and dialed it.

"Hello. Do you wish to participate in the game?"

"Yeah that's why I'm calling" I said and the voice on the line kept quiet for a second.

"If you wish to participate in the game please state your name and birth date"

"Y/n Y/l/n, y/b/d"

"Thank you for joining the game. Wait in front of the xxx park, today at midnight, we'll pick you up. The password is: Red Light, Green light"

And he hung up.

Red light, Green light? What a stupid password is that?

I just hope that fancy man wasn't lying and they won't kidnap me. Or worse

Kill me