Red Light, Green Light ²

I was waiting for a few minutes now, it's past midnight and I can't see a living soul on the streets.

Suddenly a bright light struck my way hurting my eyes. The loud sound of an engine echoed through my ears and a grey car pulled up in front of me.

The driver who's wearing a red suit and a black mask rolled the window down.

"Y/n Y/l/n?"

"Yes, and you're late ma'am" I said as I came up to the window.

"Password" He looked forward. I bet 1 million won he rolled his eyes at me.

"Red ligh, Green light" He opened the car door and I got in. "Uh hello everyone" I said to the people sleeping there "It's kinda smelly in here, did anyone shower today?" I laughed at my own joke and buckled the seat belt. "So where do you ta-" I didn't finish my sentence because I blacked out from the smelly white smog coming out of somewhere.

-------

I woke up in a really uncomfortable bed, with a lot of noises around. I got out of it to see hundreds strange people doing the exact same thing. Everyone had a number on their jacket, and just now i realised I'm not in my own clothes. I looked at myself.

Number 377

And a guy in bed beside me has a number 456 on his jacket

Huh, so telling people 'There's not many spots left' is the fancy guy's way of persuading people. Smart.

I heard some yelling and I saw a musty looking guy hit a girl.

"It's a really small world huh? Look at those eyes. You still have that temper. Then again...nobody broke your spirit, you could always take a hint" He gritted his teeth hitting her again.

"You fucker" I run to him and took a swing in his jaw making him fall on the floor "Don't you dare hit a girl ever again!" I yelled fumming with anger.

Ugh I hate men.

"Who do you think you are?!" He stood up and fixed his hair.

"Why do you care, 101?" He rolled his eyes at me and looked back at the girl with number 067.

"I fed you!" He grabbed her jacket and hit her "I thaught you when you had nowhere else. And this is what I get from you?!" I pushed him off of her by pulling his hair back and I hit his stomach with my foot. I couldn't stop kicking him.
He looks and acts so much like someone I hate with my whole heart. The rage in me blurs my eyesight.

I couldn't stop until I felt a hand grab my arm. I looked back just to see some old man with number 001.

"Come on, leave him" he dragged me away from the circle, then he whispered into my ear "Don't want to kill him before the game begins" And he winked.

"Uh..." I sighed confused.

I saw the girl, 067 still on the floor so I jogged to her and helped her stand up.

"Thanks" she mumbled and walked away.

"You're welcome? I guess"

Could have left her suffering on the floor. She was pretty though, still has to fix her attitude.

I'll remember her for later.

Number 067

-------

After men in red suits barged in through the big entrance, we had a talk about why we're here and blah blah blah. Some people here have some serious bank problems. Not me though...maybe a little.

They made us sign some papers.

1. A player is not allowed to stop playing.
2. A player who refuse to play will be eliminated.
3. Games may be terminated if the majority agrees.

Now - after taking pictures for the hell knows what reason - they're taking us upstairs for the first game.

We entered a room with a giant doll on the other end of it. Two guards next to it.

They closed the door and woman's voice started speaking, explaining the rules.

"Now let me repeat the rules. You're allowed to move forward when it says green light and stop when it says red light. If you move you'll be eliminated. Those who cross the finish line without getting caught in five minutes will pass the first game. The game shall begin"

"Green light"

I saw a yellow haired boy with the number 324 run forward, number 350 chasing him far behind.

I also took few step forward and stopped when it said

"Red light"

Those boys stopped but 324 who ran too fast had troubles to catch his balance.

"Player 324. Eliminated"

A shot was heard and the boy fell on the ground. Loud gasps echoed through the room.

Fuck, so you get killed. Huh.

"Green light"

Only I, player 350 and the old man moved forward from all 455 players there.

"Red light"

We stopped and I looked at 350 who was talking something. Then he trembled and

"Player 350. Eliminated"

Dumb people started screaming and running away. Shot after shot. Scream after scream rang in my head.
I breathed in heavily and let it out right after.

A long brutal game begins.

-------

'Green Light'

Now I was right behind the girl, 067. I don't know how 'cause I was far in front of her but she made the musty guy fall, which made me laugh not gonna lie.

'Red Light'

Few people were shot again.
It's such an easy game and they are such a horrible players. We're so close to the finish line yet so far away.

'Green light'

Everyone started running.
Just thirty seconds of the hell game left.
I saw 067 almost trip but I grabbed her jacket in the last second it said 'Red light'

"Gotchu cold princess" I mumbled trying to hold her up.

I saw the corners of her lips lift up a little