the Lion's rove progress so far

Naoto had awoken from dreamless sleep to the blurry sight of his bedroom's ceiling as he laid in bed, the artist groaned slightly as he sat up from his bed then rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, {what time is it?} Naoto asked himself internally as he slowly moved to his TV stand then reached for his phone.

The groggy artist gripped his phone then pressed his thumb  on it revealing that it was currently 5:25 am, {h-huh? Why am I up so early?} Naoto wondered as he sat his phone down next to him when suddenly it began to beep revealing an alarm for 5:26 am, the alarm said 'Pop quiz today at math class look over notes' Naoto groaned as he remembered the quiz was today.

Naoto grumbled to himself as he walked over to his pack then took out his math notebook,  he placed it on his TV stand with his phone before making his bed and walking over to his closet to get his school uniform, he opened it then grabbed his clothes before walking over to his phone and nothing a message notification on it.

The artist grabbed his phone while exiting his bedroom with  his uniform in hand and checked his messages, while checking he saw  it was from nagatoro #hey senpai you didn't forget to study or anything, you aren't being an airhead again right?# the message asked with a smug smiling cat next to it.

Naoto chuckled as he walked to the bathroom while sending a reply as he removed his pj's, #no I didn't forget anything nagatoro, did you?# he texted back before putting his phone down and getting into the shower while accidentally turning the hot water all the way up, "Gahh!!" Naoto shouted as steaming hot water poured onto his naked body causing him to immediately turn it down to mid level.

Naoto grabbed some shampoo off the showers shelf then poured some into his hands and rubbed it into his messy hair, as he grabbed some soap of the same shelf and began to rub it all over his upper torso another notification binged to his phone, Naoto then rinsed his hands with the water showering his torso then opened the shower slightly to dry his hands.

When he checked his messages it was again from nagatoro #Senpai! Why are you up so early!? Doing naughty things before school!?# the text said with a smug cat face next to it,  Naoto began to type #I just woke up early is all, why are you up early?# he texted then got an immediate reply #I have a test today thats why! Also I had a super cool dream# she texted, Naoto texted back with a chuckle #what was so cool about it?# he asked in the text and gained another reply #I'll tell you when we walk to school# she texted.

Naoto smiled then put the phone back on the counter and continued his shower without further interruption,  after several minutes of washing he came out of it then began to dry off when a knock came to the bathroom door, "Son are you in there?" Naoto's father asked in a stern yet calm voice.

"Yes sir" Naoto replied while putting on some fresh briefs and his school pants on, "ah good just making sure it's you, I'll be in the living room if you need anything" he said before walking away allowing Naoto to put on the rest of his uniform,  afterwards he began to brush his teeth while looking over his notifications and saw he had one more message from nagatoro.

#Hey senpai you doing anything gross after you leave the art club?# she texted  with a smug cat smile that said gross and Naoto immediately texted back with a slight panic growing, #no! Nothing gross at all!! and even then I don't have any plans for this weekend or after the club# he texted back while he finished brushing his teeth, she sent a reply #hahaha  suuure senpai suuure, well I'll see ya soon bye bye s-e-n-p-a-i# she texted.

Naoto sighed then walked out the bathroom and towards his bedroom then grabbed his pack and noted before walking to the living room, his father was  sitting at living room table and looking over some files with a cup of coffee next to him and a focused expression on his face,  his father looked up at him then nodded in acknowledgement before continuing his examination.

Naoto walked to a seat across his father and sat down while opening his math notebook, he began studying his notes quietly as his father looked over his files just as silently, while the two continued to look over their respected notes Naoto's dad looked up at his son.

"Did you study the night before?" Naoto's father asked with a raised eyebrow causing his so to look up from his notes,  "...no sir" Naoto said and his father sighed while pinching the bridge of his nose, "Hachiōji I know you're busy with other classes and art but you need to study for quizzes as well." his father said  in a stern tone.

"Yes sir sorry sir" Naoto said as he nervously adjusted his glasses "it's fine son just try not to make it a habit, besides that how was your sleep?" His father asked causing his son to relax, "I slept well sir" Naoto said and his father nodded "very good" he said before continuing examining his files while Naoto resumed his studies, the young artist continued  to study for twenty minutes before closing his notebook and standing up.