I'll Fight For You

Word Count: 14385

Warning: Made before season 3, so some new material may happen in the show that is not in this.

Light crept in through my bedroom window. The sounds of people chatting and rolling their carts echoed in the street. The smell of fish was clear through my open window. With a yawn I sat up from my bed, today at hexide was a field trip. Standing up I stretched my back. I have been looking forward to something like this at Hexide since I applied. It is my dream to be a part of the emperor's coven and work alongside the king. A photo of my parents sat on my bedside table, they are top tier witches that work for the Emperor. They inspired me to be like them as well.

I opened my small closet and took out my school uniform and staff. My uniform had blue underneath to symbolize I was in the healing track at Hexide. While my staff is red and orange with a fox pailsman on top. "Summon Aster", my fox pailsman awoke and climbed off of the staff pole. "Good morning to you", Aster yipped in excitement.

Walking downstairs I quickly made some Toast, put on my shoes and picked up my bag. I was ready for today and nothing was going to stop me. "Aster return", Aster stopped eating some leftover kibble and arrived at my side and transformed back into my staff.

"Flight", opening the door I flew off in the direction of Hexide. Looking down at the ground over the people of the boiling isles I felt powerful.

...

"Hurry up, Luz!" I heard a classmate of mine call that human girl over to the bus. I then softly landed on the ground in front of the school. I whipped my staff behind my back held on by a rope keeping it connected to me.

"Good morning." I turned around and spotted Amity looking at me in jealousy. She was said to be the strongest at hexide, but that was before I showed my stuff.

"Good morning, Amity. I truly hope you didn't run into any fire bees on your way here. Or does your hair always look like a flaming mess." I didn't like Amity, she was a bully to the core. Plus, I have much better things to do than stand around talking about which nails look best with my hair color of the day. Stupid things like that is why I hated most people at hexide. Except for August (or Gus as that human calls him), is a nice guy.

I took my spot on the bus and reminded myself what I was here for. Power. I needed to become powerful so that one day I could serve the king and join the emperor's coven.

"Hi!" August sat next to me. I blinked twice before smiling at him.

"Good day to you, August. How was studying last night?" We, or everyone else, had an exam tomorrow to show how much they have improved in their course track. I didn't need to take the exam because my Aunt Lilth would be scoring me personally. But she isn't really my aunt, just really good friends with my parents. I have known her since I was a baby. She is another reason I must join the emperor's coven, with her being close to me, I have no excuses for losing.

"It was alright, I can now create 5 fully functioning clones of myself!" August remarked proudly at his accomplishment. I even thought it was an accomplishment, I have never done illusions before. My reasoning is because they are weak. Easily broken, difficult to make, not a good power to spend your precious time using, but who am I to judge August. He is my only friend after all.

"That is incredible, August. Be proud of yourself." I can't lose August to others.

"Thank you. Now aren't you excited to see some artifacts at the castle? They have a bunch! Did you know that..." August kept rambling on until the bus landed in front of the castle.