Chapter 1

Ash's POV (4 years ago)

Fuck that hurts. I guess after taking a beating like that it should hurt. Those pricks that I used to call a pack beat me then chased me out of their territory for being gay. They didn't even have the decency to let my wounds heal which probably made my injuries worse.

(Present)

That was a long time ago. And no, before you ask, I wasn't one of those fucking pansy ass gays, no offense to them. I was actually head warrior. Took the position from my father the year after he retired. Wonder what they told the old man about me. Me and my dad had a strong relationship after mom died. He always supported me no matter what I did. He was actually the first person I told about being gay. He never once judged me. In fact, he advised me to not tell anyone because the majority of the pack were homophobes. I probably should have listened. In my defense, that slut shouldn't have tried to seduce me. I guess it doesn't matter now anyway. I'm over it.

"Sure you are." teased my wolf Blake.

"Shut up you stupid mutt" I grumbled.

"Why don't you fight me?" he growls.

"Maybe because your in my head you idiot." I say condescendingly.

"I think you're just scared." Blake smirks.

"And I think you're stupid." I shoot right back then close the link.

I swear sometimes that wolf has a brain the size of a walnut. Other times he's just plain old annoying. Anyways, back to my real problem. I've been trying to find a place to hide for a while now. Did I forget to mention that I was being chased by a group of hunters? They've been tracking me ever since I crossed state borders into California. I think they got a shot in at my leg but I couldn't really tell because of the adrenaline rush. If they could just go away that would be great.

Suddenly, I feel a sharp pain in my side. Ah fuck, that is not good at all. The pain expands making me falter slightly. I can see them closing in behind me. I just keep running trying my best to ignore the pain. It's not like I haven't felt it before. They must have put in some kind of poison though because I feel myself starting to lose focus. I feel myself pass into a new terriptory and the hunters behind me freeze in their tracks as if there was an invisible forcefield preventing them from moving forward. I don't have time to wonder why because I am so tired. I drop to the ground thinking it's a good place to take a nap.

Had I been more myself, I would have noticed that I just crossed into the Redwood Pack. The largest pack in America.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's short but let me know what you guys think since it's my first story.

~Murray