Love Never Dies

Love Never Dies

ActII: The Night of the Concert

Poor Raoul made a bet.

In his defense, He never doubted Christine's affection nor her thoughts.

The only thing that mattered now was the concert.

They shall leave at once, run away from this monster,

and make a living somewhere without his eyes following their every step.

The De Chagny's fate lies upon Christine now.

Raoul

Oh, Christine, my dear Christine!

He wept as the wind whimpered with him; The moonlight wrapping his frame like a mother would carry her child wrapped in a most convenient blanket. This past year has been rough for both Christine and Raoul, primarily for Gustave, a beautiful child that has been begging for his father's affection.

He loves Gustave no matter who fathered him; he watched him wander around his garden, and he intends to do that for the rest of his life.

The curtains had been lifted above their heads for the performers to immerse all the guests. It's the night of all the nights. The orchestra plays, the dancing beauties charms, the nightingales seduces.

It is the night of all the nights.

The phantom convinced himself that his beloved Christine would sing the song he had made for her.

He knew she loved him all along⁠— she has to.

Raoul and the phantom anticipated as the time came for Christine to sing.

The public waited for her appearance, but Christine reconsidered going back to her homeland to stay and feel close to her papa's grave. She regretted calling his name once again. She was happy and was content with his son and his lovely husband.

Christine

I must go.

She ran and ran; every noise against the tiles indicates the seconds on her pocket watch. She reached the hall filled with cameras, reporters, journalists, fans, and critics. She couldn't get to the lobby fast where Raoul had gone since he thought Christine had chosen the dying corpse.

Christine

Raoul!

The world seems to be bright at this moment for Raoul.

Raoul

My dearest! I must be dreaming, what are you doing here?

Christine

[chuckles]

Oh, Raoul, I had been foolish.

All of this, I should have learned my lesson by now, and for that, I apologize.

Raoul grasps her hand, feeling more or less weeping in relief.

Christine

We must go, my love, find Gustave, and I shall arrange our trunks and the carriage at once.

The show's nearly over,

But the phantom remained in his box.

The corpse cried, denying the voice in his head.

He, once again, felt betrayed.