Chapter 26 - Edited

Ava woke in a soft bed of clean cotton, wool, feathers and leaves. She was surrounded by greenery and flowers. The bed she was lying in hung from the centre of what seemed like a huge cave.

Ava sat up and looked around at the cave before her. There were tiny spaces where the cave was hollowed out and light glowed from within, giving the room a warmer feel.

There was a large pool of water that was for bathing and seemed to clean and change itself. The large pool was filing up with water and was near to half way. Ava watched as fae flew in and dropped tiny petals or open vials of oils and poured it into the water. One fae stopped before turning to leave and squeaked folctha (bath), before flying away in a flurry of golden sparkles.

How am I supposed to get down?

A lever began to crank loudly down below where she saw a tiny man wearing a green hat turning the lever that was bringing her down. The tiny man stopped a foot before the floor and nodded to Ava before leaving.

Ava swung her legs over the edge of the makeshift bed and felt the smooth rock of the cave floor. A woolen carpet was strewn beneath her to create warmth and add a homey feel to the cave.

Ava squished her toes into the carpet. It was so soft and intricate she could tell that tiny hands must have weaved it.

She stood slowly and checked her balance. She was alright physically. She looked around the room more closely and saw there was a bed made for Artemia and that it was large enough to fit her now gigantic body. Ava pressed her hands into the material of the bed and found it soft yet firm. A contrast that always seemed to entice her wolf. She looked over at the bath and found it to be inviting. She checked herself to see if she smelt and it wasn't a bad smell. She just smelled like someone who had performed difficult magic and then had passed out at the end of it; like burning charcoal ambers.

She needed a bath. 

She felt around her body for her suitcases and belongings, but couldn't find them.

Had they taken her clothes?

She looked around the room and saw that her bags and suitcases had been neatly stacked, opened and arrange in order of clothes that would suit her current environment.

The fae had picked a dress she hadn't worn since her last birthday. It was mauve and flowed down and moved with her as she moved. The dress had been one of her favourites until Hamish had commented on the dress being too revealing and that the pack could see her "bits".

Ava turned back to the bath and found a nice soft towel had been strewn over the side of the large pool, awaiting her exit of the bath. The fae had thought of everything.

Ava undressed quickly and slipped into the bath that began to froth and bubble. Soaps suds appeared all around her. The fae were giving her a bubble bath. She could smell honeysuckle, freesia with hints of lavender. She sunk into the hot bath and closed her eyes. The last few days seemingly forgotten for just a moment.

Artemia walked into the room carrying a fruit basket in her mouth which she set on a small table adjacent to the door. She walked over to Ava and sat down resting her head on the rocky tub.

Bubbles? Feel at home?

Yes!

Artemia stood up and walked over to her bed to lay down. She closed her eyes and let sleep take her.

Ava watched Artemia sleep for awhile, checking her friend closely for any signs of grief or strain and found none. But Artemia was good at hiding the strain of any situation and she would lie to Ava, even when they were one that everything was fine.