Cute

Oh, how nice...

Saiki wasn't actually doing anything. In fact, he was doing more of nothing than anything.

He was thinking.

Akechi had asked him about Silent Cyborg; something about how his father messed up several chapters, and Saiki was trying to recall exactly what happened in those chapters. They were sitting on the floor in the living room, having a normal everyday conversation, when Akechi decided to make something out of nothing, yet again.

He looks so cute like that! Deep in thought, it seems so mysterious and alluring, the way he's squinting his eyes, head tilted to the side... His entire expression simply fascinates me in such a peculiar way...

Good grief.

He wasn't doing anything. Absolutely nothing and Akechi somehow found a way to make it sappy.

"Kusuo-kun?"

Saiki broke his concentration he'd been keeping to evade suspicion. He'd figured that if he pretended he couldn't hear Akechi's thoughts, or had appeared as if he was too deep in thought to notice them, that he'd forget about what he was thinking and hopefully, never bring it up again.

'Yes...?'

"Y'know, you look very cute when you're thinking."

Why me?

'I don't know what you're talking about.'

Akechi chuckled.

"Yes you do. I'm sure you must've heard me thinking about it. I admit, it would have been less embarrassing for the both of us to avoid voicing this thought, but I know you had heard it, even if you pretended not to, and I figured it'd be best to tell you directly. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure why you'd deny listening in on my thoughts, especially when I know you'd rather be alert and aware of your surroundings than simply leaving things to chance."

How did he know I was pretending not to hear him? Is he telepathic too?

"Judging by your now quizzical expression, I can tell that you're now wondering, 'How did he know?' or 'He's not a psychic too, is he?' Well, I admit, while my abilities may appear to be telepathic, they are not magical or otherwise supernatural. While it would be interesting to be able to use such abilities, I think the drawbacks would outweigh the benefits. Using simple deduction to figure things out is a skill most people tend to overlook, even though when harnessed correctly, it can be very useful in gaining the necessary information."

'Get to the point.'

I still think it's creepy when you do that.

"Oh yes, I was prattling on again, wasnt I? But thank you, because by asking me to once again hone in my speech to the original topic of conversation, you prove to me that you're not only listening, but are at least mildly interested in what I'm about to say. This knowledge truly flatters me, Kusuo-kun, and I appreciate it greatly. Anyway, I saw your hands twitch slightly at the same time as I thought about how cute you are. Of course, had it been something unusual, or a more jerky movement, than I could've predicted that is was some sort of disorder, such as Tourette's. Such mental disorders do make people act in that sort of way, what with small, sudden movements spontaneously and sporadically throughout the days. I believe these movements are called 'tics'. This theory would only prove to be valid had your hypothetical symptoms been reoccurring. While this is not the first time your hands have twitched in such a way, due to the frequent and rather, embarrassing nature of my compliments, your hands never moved in this way before I started to praise you out of the blue. Also, I can now see that your cheeks are flushed; only further proof to my theory."