Finding × The × Grim × Reaper

seek/siːk/Learn to pronounceverb1

seek
/siːk/
Learn to pronounce
verb
1.
search for and find someone or something.

~

Gon was still.. Recovering from the incident. After he was healed he tried to make it seem like he didn't care, like he didn't remember a thing but, he was terrified that it'd happen again with another one of his friends. He was glad that Killua was finally going on a journey of self worth with his little sister Alluka but Gon himself was stuck at home, in Whale Island, doing absolutely nothing. He'd taken to searching for easy new adventures on the website for Hunters, but he couldn't find anything that didn't require Nen.. He couldn't just go back to Mr. Wing and ask him to reopen his Nen pores, as dumb as he could be sometimes he knew that after making a covenant of that caliber, he wasn't going to get his Nen back so easily just like that.

He groaned, scrolling through the pages of the Hunter Website, currently in a library since he didn't have a computer back at home.. He wasn't exactly paying too much attention until he stumbled across a post called 'The Revival Stone.' Kite instantly flashed in his mind. If this was for real then.. He could bring his friend back, right his wrongs.. Maybe his Nen would come back too..! He clicked on the post, reading through it.

'I recently discovered that there is a stone residing in the Dark Continent. I'd seen it with my own eyes but I almost died going into that damn temple. I travelled for a while and I have a map of where it is if anybody is insane enough to go look for it. I'm willing to hand it over if you'll pay at least 1000000 Jenny.

~ Anonymous'

Gon knew he had no Nen, and he knew The Dark Continent was much too dangerous for him but.. He needed that stone, it was his only chance of forgiving himself for killing Kite. But who in the world would have enough money, or even be happy to help him? Killua was busy with Alluka, Leorio was studying to be a doctor, Kurapika was too trapped in his own revenge mission to even pick up the phone.. Zushi probably didn't master Nen yet..

Oh!

Hisoka!

But Gon really didn't want to talk to him.. Especially not without Nen.. It was his only chance though, and he had to at least give it a shot!

~

Gon stood outside of the tall building known as Heaven's Arena, more nervous than he'd ever been before. He was 13 now, with no Nen, and seeking out a killer as well as The Dark Continent. He took a deep breath, walking in shakily and heading over to the counter where he tried his best to look tough.

"Hello! My name is Gon Freecss! I'm not here to sign up or anything.. But do you know if Hisok- I mean, The Grim Reaper is here right now..?"

"Oh yes, he's in a room right now on the 200th floor, the floors above that were destroyed by his and Chrollo Lucilfer's fight, so he's in room 44 now."

"Oh I see.. Thank you!" Gon chirped, running off towards the elevator. He pressed the button that'd send him to the 200th floor, and arrived there in just a few minutes, walking around the hallways in search for room 44. He hoped that Hisoka wouldn't try and kill him or something because he didn't have Nen, that would be a little embarrassing seeing as he came all of this way just to see him.

"Ahah! There it is!" Gon exclaimed proudly, running up to the door and knocking on it gently, but he was surprised to find it already open, "Huh.. Maybe he isn't here.."

Gon was not just selfish, he was also nosey.

So he walked inside.

"Hello? Hisoka? You in here?"

The boy almost screamed when he heard a voice coming from another room. It was ragged and quiet with a slight gurgle, and the young hunter wondere if Hisoka had left one of his victims alive in his own room. He started to make his way towards where he heard it, gaping when he spotted familiar a red head on the kitchen floor, covered in blood. He wondered if he was dead for a second, but then he heard him speak.

"Just wonderful.. You are the last person I was hoping to see.. ♤"

"W- What's that supposed to mean?!" Gon yelled, but he knew what he meant. Hisoka probably already heard about him losing his Nen.

"Can you at least help me up instead of looking at me like I'm a ghost? ♤"

"O- Oh! Uh, right.." Gon walked over slowly, stepping over a few puddles of blood and holding his hand out for Hisoka, only to realise there were a few cards sticking into his side, "Are you okay?"

"Do I look okay? Just hurry up, I slipped and dropped my cards, it isn't a big deal. ♤" Hisoka groaned, grabbing the boy's hand and watching as he pulled him up. He seemed to be in a bad mood.

"You leg looks like it's in pretty bad shape.. Are you sure you don't want me to call somebody?" Gon tilted his head, the magician practically scowling and limping to the bathroom, "I'll be back in a minute, do not touch anything, just go sit on the couch or something."

~

"So what you're telling me, is you want to go to The Dark Continent?" Hisoka furrowed his eyebrows, "Go home boy. You have no Nen, you'll die before you even reach land."

"That's why I wanted you to come with me.." Gon looked down, "I thought that.. Maybe if I could get the revival stone for Kite, I could bring him back and my Nen would be restored."

"Bringing back the dead will do nothing to assist in a covenant you yourself made. ♤"

"How do you know?!" Gon yelled, "What's up with you today?! You're never like this! You're always obsessed with fighting, usually you'd be jumping for a chance to go somewhere like The Dark Continent!"

"A lot happens in a year, Gon." Hisoka looked away, "I'm pursuing the spiders right now. I can't go to The Dark Continent when I have Chrollo on my tail too. ♤"

"What did you do this time?!"

"I killed Shalnark and Kortopi." Hisoka crossed his arms, "Now I'd prefer it if you left my room and never contacted me again, boy."

Gon was stubborn, Hisoka knew that. He'd already made his decision the moment Gon said he wanted to drag him along to The Dark Continent, he just wanted to see how far the boy would go to convince him.

"W- When I get my Nen back.. I'll fight you, I'll fight you with everything I have!" Gon shouted, "That is what you've always wanted right?"

A wide smile spread across the magician's lips, "Just what I was hoping to hear. I do believe I know someone who could restore your Nen temporarily.." He raised an eyebrow as he watched the boy's whole mood light up.

"Don't get too excited, boy. It's temporary, meaning you might lose it again halfway through a fight. I have a few connections, so I'll be able to get you to that person unharmed though. ♡"

"Wait.. S- So you're coming?" Gon tilted his head.

"As long as I get a fight out of it, I'll be glad to tag along. ♡"

"Great! So when do we set off? Should I go pack?! Where do we meet up?" Gon started to ask questions, and Hisoka hushed him.

"Not so fast, fruit. Firstly, I'm going to train you. You've been slacking. We leave next week, I'm sure you'll be back up to your normal strength by then. ♡"

"Awesome! So when does that start?"

"It already has. ♡"