chapter 3

:3

Enjoy my stupidity
___________________

"We, the foxes.." Kyuubi started "act as inari-sama's messengers in return for their protection.." they gestured to the lush green land stretching across the horizon "and blessings"

"Oooooohhhh" naruto leaned down, watching with wide delighted eyes as a flower bloomed right under his gaze. "This is so cool!! This place is great !!" He declared loudly, switching his gaze to stare at the youth with the biggest grin.

The Kyuubi gave a simple nod, although satisfaction was quite apparent on their face as they gestured to the boy to follow them deeper into the woods, away from the temple.

Naruto followed without much question, giving one last glance behind him at the huge building then at the tiny pretty flower.

"Where are we going ??" He asked with barely contained excitement, hurriedly marching to keep up with Kyuubi.

"You'll see soon enough" they replied and kept their pace.

Since they found him this morning sneaking around, Kyuubi has taken him around the temple and told him all he wanted to know about the kami of kitsune.
He enjoyed every second of it, he always liked stories and Kyuubi proved to be a great storyteller!! The youth has also mentioned something about kitsunes complicated relationship with tunakis. How cool!! He wondered if they had wars in the past, or if they were friends and something happened to make them enemies just like what happened with his gramps the third and his old weird bandaged friend...

'When I come back I'm gonna tell gramps all about it' he thought with a bubbly smile 'I'm sure he knows about inari-sama too!! Maybe he can even tell me more about them!?' He couldn't help the small giggle of excitement that left him.

Red eyes lazily focused on him with a raised eyebrow. "What so funny, boy?" They asked slowly and naruto gave another blinding grin.

"When I go back home I'm telling gramps all about this! I'm sure he knows so much about Inari-sama!!" He explained and they Kyuubi fully turned their head to stare at him with a small head tilt.

'Ooh they do it like a fox!' Naruto thought with wide eyes.

'Wait..' Suddenly his mind stopped and so did his body.

"Like a fox.." Kyuubi was so much..like a fox...

Suddenly naruto grinned "you're like a kitty!!" He declared and Kyuubi stopped mid step to stare at the grass beneath their feet.

''Pardon..?'' They asked, slowly looking up to face the overjoyed boy.

"I'm like a what ?"

Naruto gestured to their them like a man who just found the answers of the world "a kitty!! You keep titling your head like a confused kitten! And also like a fox and foxes are like kittens" he explained, proud of himself.

Kyuubi silently wondered if they should calmly keep walking and forget about this ridiculous statement or actually tell him that foxes are NOT from the same family as cats.

The boy's grin got wider as he awaited some sort of response. and despite themself, Kurama shook their head with a sigh.

"I can see your...point"

Naruto cheered loudly. instantly taking off at full speed, running circles around the extremely confused youth.

'What did I get myself into..?' They asked themself, yet they had zero intention of discovering the answer to that question.

"Ahem..anyway. Let's keep going.."

The boy give them a thumbs up with a joyful expression.

_______________________

Naruto had decided that he liked Kyuubi, they were pretty nice and listen to him whenever he said something.

They were so attentive that even a giggle caught their attention! Naruto was so happy!!

Back home only his gramps and his father, when he wasn't busy running the village, would give him the time of day or listen to his crazy stories or just be there when he felt like talking. And even then it wasn't often as they were both very very busy.

His mama was..well wasn't all that free, too busy with her growing daughters and their growing needs, she wasn't paying much attention to anything else, Maybe menma too as he was very demanding of her attention.

His siblings...naruto cringed slightly. His siblings fought for everyone's attention. All because of that stupid prophecy his godparent got from the toads.

Each one of them wanted to be the child of prophecy, the hero, the saviour of the nations so much to the point were it became their life goal. Everything else came second.

The toad sage didn't know which of the children was gonna be the chosen one. Nobody knew.

So they were all trained by their godparents, except naruto.

Naruto of course wasn't allowed to train with them, even if chances of him being the child of prophecy were just as high as his siblings. Yet everyone just seemed to gloss over him and move on to the others, what fed into his attention starvation.

surprisingly enough that problem was caused by nothing other than his dear father's worry.

He doesn't know the full story yet, but apparently what he got is from bits and pieces told by other.

The story goes like this : an accident accrued while he was still a very young child, way too young to remember anything, something to do with a missing nin, a dangerous seal and a promise to be back which shook his father to the core and made him develop his extremely overprotective habits toward his child.

Confined to his room most of the time.

Not being allowed to do dangerous training like his other siblings.

Anything that could result in any harm to him is strictly forbidden.

iron grip on his hand when they're out, walking through the village streets. So tight as if the boy would disappear the second he let go.

Instead of teaching him to defend himself and watch out for himself, minato was keeping him in a safe space. A tight confinement.

'Dad must be losing his mind now...' Naruto thought as Kyuubi showed him several huge statues of foxes, again they had different tails numbers.

They were somewhere deep in the Dorset were animals seemed to inhabit. The blonde gawked at a few adorable foxes snuggled up together under the shade of a tree.

"So cuuute !!" He whisper-yelled, carefully not to interrupt Kyuubi's talk about the giant statues.

The youth glossed over the ninetailed fox statue and naruto wondered why. It was amazing and cool! Why wouldn't they talk about it as much as every other one?

It was weird but naruto shrugged it off without much thought, too busy basking in the attention completely directed at him.

He will worry about his father later, he's sure he'll go home soon. For now let him enjoy himself to the fullest.