Chapter 5: Cardiology Surgery

Helico and Sayo's Emergency Surgical procedures were successful because they worked together and Jetta and Shiguru's shoots have been successful too, since they both had each others backs. 

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴...

The entire squad were having dinner and Takamichi and Sena were surprised to see Jetta and Helico as humans.

Sena: Hey Helico. If you're still human, we could go shopping together with Sayo and Mabushina to get you new clothes!

Helico: That's a wonderful idea!

Tametomo: Hey Jetta, I dare you to beat me at some games.

Jetta: As long as I'm still in my human form, It's a deal.

Tametomo and Jetta shook hands and Sena and Helico high fived each other.

Shiguru: Don't worry Jetta. I will support you out there.

Jetta: Thank you Aniki.

They finished having dinner and Shiguru, Sayo, Jetta and Helico headed back to the apartment to go to sleep.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

As soon as Sayo was waking up, her phone rang and it was from the hospital. 

Sayo: Hello?

Nurse: Sayo, It's Natsume. Please! Come to work quick! There's code blue and it doesn't look so good! None of the doctors can save the patient, except for you! We need you!

Sayo: Roger that. I'm on my way right now. I'll be there in 5 minutes.

Nurse: Okay, please hurry!

As soon as Sayo got off the phone, Shiguru walked into the kitchen and saw her rush around.

Shiguru: Sayo, is everything okay?

Sayo: One of my nurses just called me and she said that there's code blue in the ICU.

Shiguru: Oh no! You gotta get there quickly! I'll drive you. 

Sayo: Okay.

Shiguru drives Sayo to the hospital and then she rushes into the ICU to deal with the Code Blue incident.

𝗔 𝗙𝗲𝘄 𝗛𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀 𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿...

Sayo got a text from Shiguru, asking how her day went. She then responded and the conversation went on.

Shiguru: Hey Sayo, how was your day? Was the treatment of the Code Blue incident successful?

Sayo: Yeah. I gotta perform heart surgery at midnight tonight.

Shiguru: Midnight!? Why?

Sayo: It's an urgent one and that's when the cardiology surgery room is next free.

Shiguru: I see. Well then... good luck.

Sayo: Thanks.

They stopped texting each other and Sayo attended her scheduled appointments, while she waited for her scheduled night surgery.

𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿, 𝗜𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝗱𝗱𝗹𝗲 𝗢𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁...

Sayo got her surgery scrubs on and since it was cardiology surgery, she had to wear blue scrubs.

It was dark in the surgery room, since it was nighttime, while Sayo performed cardiology surgery, with the help of her surgery team.

The surgery was going according to plan, until the patient went into a cardiac arrest.

Anaesthetist: Code blue! Code blue!

Sayo: What's going on?

Doctor 1: Blood pressure is dropping... pulse is spiking! This is looking dangerous! This is impossible. It's too late!

Doctor 2: Now it's life or death!

Sayo: Too late? Life or death?

Sayo looked at the patient.

Sayo: This patient...

Then she turned to one of the doctors.

Sayo: I am going to save them.

Then her hand came out towards the nurse.

Sayo: 4-0 sutures.

The nurse hands Sayo the 4-0 sutures and then Sayo started using them to save the patient.

Anaesthetist: She's got incredible technique... We're witnessing a miracle.

Sayo continued saving the patient and as soon as the patient's blood pressure and pulse recovered, she continued the surgery smoothly. 10 minutes later, she closed up the patient and did what she had to do after finishing a surgical procedure.

Nurse: Well done Dr Sayo.

Sayo: Thank you.

As soon as the surgical team left the surgery room with the patient, Sayo removed her mask, cleaned up after herself, went to the locker room to change back into her work clothes, she checked on the patient and then she went back to Shiguru's apartment.

As soon as she got home, she got out of her work clothes, changed into her PJs and went straight to bed, without waking Shiguru up.