Chapter 7-Shootout

"Tim!" I screamed.

He didn't respond, he didn't move, he was just lying on the ground face first with his broken helmet right next to him. The only good thing was I could see him breathing.

"Screw him, we gotta deal with those cops" Mike yelled.

BOOM!

Bullets began firing and soon enough a cop chase had escalated to what was now a shootout on the highway. Looking at this I quickly went over towards Tim to try and get him out of the situation.

But as soon as I got close, he pushed me away.

"I'm fine one second," he said.

He then pulled out a ski mask, one of the things many people used when doing the kinda things we were. He made sure to put it on before quickly running behind the car. I followed him there and I noticed he was fine.

"They shot my mask, it fell off but it saved me" Tim explained.

I nodded at first but then realized something. I had just heard Tim's real voice for the first time. The mask he wore had some kind of voice changer so without it, I heard his real voice and for some reason it felt very familiar. I couldn't put my finger on it and hopped back in our vehicle.

"Let's go!" he yelled. Not having much of a choice, I angrily got in the car and slammed the door shut behind me. Tim did the same and Mike proceeded to talk like nothing had happened.

"Told you I would get the bags back".

"Ya congrats, honestly you're too dedicated to this crap. We should have ditched the bags, Tim could have died just cause you wanted them back" I said. "I don't care, it was important to the mission. And we got it done, that's what's important, now let's just hurry up and go back to base".