Falling In Love

"Hey, you going out with us?" Antti Raanta asked me. We just won our game against the Detroit Red Wings. It was a big win for us, considering the long-standing rivalry between the teams. I played, and had some really great saves. I let in a few goals, which sucks, but sometimes you can't save them all.

            "He can't!" Daniel Carcillo shouted.

            "He's got a date tonight!" PKane also shouted.

            I laughed a little to myself as I finished tying my tie. I did in fact have a date tonight. Our game was at 11:30am, so it's not like I'm going on a date at midnight. We are meeting at 6:30, so I had two hours to get ready.

            "No way. Crow has a date? She must be blind." Patrick Sharp joked.

            "Ha ha very funny." I joked back.

            "Well, is this a blind date? How come it's the first we are all hearing about it?" Sharp asked.

            "Nah, this is like their sixth date." Carcillo announced to everyone.

            "Nooo. Six?! How come Carcillo seems to be the only who knows about this? You're trusting CarBomb with your secrets?" Antti questioned.

            "He saw us out one night, and forced it out of me. Then I guess he thought it was a good idea to tell Kaner." I explained, while giving Dan a glare for telling Patrick.

            "Corey, tell us."
            "I didn't say anything because I don't want to jinx it." I said, shyly.

            "Man, you really like this girl." Bryan Bickell chimed in.

            I just shrugged. I did really like this girl. She was everything I thought I wanted in a girl, and more. We met through a mutual friend, back home. They thought we should meet because she was moving to Chicago soon, and wanted to know some people in the area. She was stunning, beautiful. We can talk for hours about anything. If I want to talk about hockey, she can talk about hockey. If she wants to talk about fashion, I can talk about fashion, not well, but I can do it. I can do it because she makes it interesting. I always looked forward to hanging out with her, and being in each other's company.

            "We just want to know her name, and what she looks like, and where she's from." Jonathan Toews said.

            "Damn, you guys want her social security too. It's like you want to know her entire life story." I defended.

            "No, it's just you haven't dated in a long time, and we are just looking out for you." Jon said.

            "Thanks, captain. You guys can meet her when the time is right. Maybe after this date." I said, "I have to go now, though." I walked out of the locker room, and made my way to my date.

            When I got to the restaurant, I stood outside the door and waiting for my date to arrive.

            "Corey!" I heard her yell from down the sidewalk. I looked in the direction, and my face lit up. She was waving a hand as she walked toward me. She was the cutest girl on the sidewalk, and I couldn't peal my eyes away. When she finally got up to me, I wrapped her in a hug.

            "Paige." I smiled at her, "How are you?" I asked, opening the door for her.

            "I'm great. Starving though, so lets eat!" She said.

            We sat at a table, ate our food, and had easy conversation the whole night. I finally worked up the courage, to start the conversation I wanted.

            "So, Paige. I really like you." I started, and glanced up to gauge her reaction, so for so good, "I was wondering," I went on, reaching for her hand across the table, "Would you, um, like to make this official?" I looked at her, and she looked a little confused, so I had to clarify, "Paige, would you like to be my girlfriend? I hadn't told the guys about you because I really like you, and I didn't want to jinx anything, but I told them a little tonight, and it got me thinking. I like you so much, and it would make me so happy if you would be my girlfriend. I want you to be a fixture in my life, and I hope that you feel the same way. If you don't, that's fine. I just..." Paige cut me off before I could finish.

            "Corey. Shut up." She said, "I would love to be your girlfriend. I would more than happy to be a part of your life, and I want you to be a part of mine." Paige told me.

            "Awesome." It was all I could say. I was so happy.

        We both smiled at each other, and laughed a little. We finished our night walking around downtown, hand in hand. At one point, I looked at Paige, and smiled to myself. i am definitley falling in love with this girl, and I couldn't be happier.

Note: So I wrote this for Paige_Norkus. I hope you liked it! I thought I would be best to write Corey falling in love with someone from his own perspective, and I enjoyed doing so. I thought it would be funny to write about the rest of the team busting his balls for having a date :) I'm really liking taking in people's requests, so keep sending some in! Thanks for reading! :)