Chapter Four

A Fork In The Road

Jimin couldn't focus. The drink in his hand tasted bitter despite its fruity flavors - maybe his own fruitiness canceled them out in his system.

Taehyung said something, pulling Jimin towards the dance floor but Jimin just shook his head.

"Tae, sorry give me just one sec. I'll be right back, promise."

Taehyung huffed, furrowing his brows. He wrapped his arms around his chest, looking around the floor awkwardly and Jimin felt guilt grip at him. He'd only be gone for a second, he wouldn't leave Taehyung alone for too long.

But he needed to find a bathroom.

His chest felt funny, his head spinning and Jimin had no idea why. But he needed to be away from people and think.

He saw some drunk boys stumble out of one of the hallway doors, the bright lights behind it showing a bathroom and Jimin slipped inside, locking it before anyone else could follow inside. The white lights above him were blinding and Jimin let the faucet water run, ignoring all the blue dried toothpaste around the bathroom counter.

Jesus college guys were disgusting.

Taehyung asked him to go to this party and Jimin didn't want to hold his friend back, but he felt out of his depth. Especially now that Jungkook showed up - which drove Jimin insane because he wanted to see him again in the first place. Wanted to talk to him. But the reality of it was he had no idea how to approach the guy.

They'd met once. Who knows if the kid even remembered him.

"Stop it, stop spiraling." Jimin said, letting air slowly out of his lungs and splashing some more water on his face before drying it off with paper towels - because of course there's only paper towels in Hoseok's bathroom. "You're fine, Tae said you're hot so just roll with it."

Jimin heard knocking on the door and again that guilt clawed in the middle of his chest. "Tae sorry for -" Jimin started as he opened the door, surprised to see it was two girls making out instead. The taller one glared at him and the girl in her hands with long curly hair drunkenly apologized to Jimin for her girlfriend.

"We just need the bathroom, sorry sweetie!" She said and they pushed past Jimin to take over the bathroom from him. Jimin just blinked, shaking off the shock before walking back into the kitchen where Hoseok was by Taehyung's side, talking to him in a hushed voice. Jimin let the music soak back into him and drown out the uneasiness in his body and stopped when he felt eyes on him.

Jeon Jungkook was standing with his back to the wall across Hoseok's apartment. Hoseok kept glaring at him through his conversation with Taehyung and Jungkook's pale friend, who was now standing next to him, again smiled that strange amused grin.

Jimin bit his lip, starting to move towards Jungkook when he felt a hand grab his forearm and pull him over to the kitchen.

"Jesus Jimin, you were starting to scare me." Taehyung said, trying to laugh but his expression was wary. "Don't wander off like that again."

"I-sorry." Jimin said, rubbing the back of his neck. "Uh, Hoseok, how do you know Jungkook?"

Hoseok looked taken aback, tilting his head at Jimin and narrowing his eyes. "How do you?"

Jimin swore to himself - Hoseok never said Jungkook's name. "We uh, we ran into each other before. That's all."

"Stay away from that boy. Both of you." Hoseok said, his voice seriously going against the characteristically bright smile that usually decorated his face.