one

4 years later

My alarm went off, quickly remembering that today is the big day. Today's my meeting for my clothing line for my art. After graduating college, I decided to make something with my art while working. I busted my ass, very hard. At 21 years old, I already had found a place with Liliana. I had my own car, a place, and on top of that mad hundreds of paintings through it all. Liliana agreed to get a three-bedroom apartment so I can have my own art studio. I swear, she always supported me in everything.

Not even my older siblings, all my support I got from was from Lilly. I'll forever appreciate that. Growing up with siblings, older brothers, is very interesting. I've always gotten the short end of the stick with them and rarely got affection from them. Except from my parents, they've always made me feel loved. I guess the only love I felt from a sibling was from Lily. 

I groaned, tried but really excited to start this new move. I walked into the kitchen to make my usual morning coffee. As I was done pouring the creamer in, I grabbed my mug and walked into my bathroom. I looked at myself into the mirror as I turned on the light, I'm finally comfortable enough in my own skin. I have many tattoos, my body weight is where I wanted it to be at, and my hair is split dyed. I do have stretch marks, that's the only thing I'm insecure about. I have them all over my arms, legs, thighs, and stomach.

The only relationship I was in cheated on me, dated a someone else and still expected me to be cool with him. Ever since then, I just had friends with benefits, flings, but that's it. In total, I've slept with 5 people. Not much, I don't really like interaction from people... especially men.

"I'll be back babe, I'm getting breakfast!" Lilly yelled out as she was getting ready.

"I want the usual!" I yelled back.

"I gotchu!" She yelled back as she opened the door and left. My meeting isn't until around 12:30 in the afternoon, and it's like a 10-minute drive from our apartment. We live in downtown Los Angeles. It's pretty hectic, but we make it work somehow.

My laptop went off with a Facetime call. It was most likely my mom. I ran into the living room, coffee in hand and trying not to spill.  I sat down on the couch, answering the call.

"Ma! Como estas?" I asked her

"Mija, I'm good. Just checking up on you." I maybe 23 years old, but she always asks me how I am. I smiled as I finished my coffee.

"I'm doing good ma. I'll be over tomorrow." I reminded her. I'm literally about twenty minutes away. Kind of close.

We chatted about recent events. She told me how my dad and her are going to Mexico soon next month and they are staying about a good month out there. My siblings don't really check on my parents like how I do. My oldest brother Steven has his family, but he could at least call them once in a while. My other brother Jonathan works and does his own things. I'm the only girl, meaning that I was my dad's favorite. Or so, how I thought.

"Okay mija, I'll let you go. I just wanted to see your pretty face." I smiled widely.

"Okay, bye mom. I love you."

We said our bye's and hung up. I started to scroll through social media. My following is pretty decent. I'm not like some rapper and have millions, just a few thousands. I looked at my followings and saw an unusual follow with a blue check mark. Not unusual at the fact the someone with a blue check mark is following me, but someone I wouldn't expect.

ohgeesy and 3 others have follow you

Now, where does ohgeesy sound familiar? I clicked on the profile and started mildly snooping. This dude... familiar? I tapped on a selfie to get a better view and say that it was Alejandro, from school! Oh shit, since when did he become someone famous? I'm also curious as to why he would follow me too? Didn't people usually wanted to cut contact with everyone they saw in high school. I did.

Then again, my handles on almost all social media is just my name.

@m0niramirez

Pretty generic, but also pretty easy for people to find my art. Almost instantly after I followed him back, he immediately got a direct message from him.

ohgeesy:

Yo, Monica?

m0niramirez:

Ale?

ohgeesy:

I knew it was u. Damn how ya been.

m0niramirez:

I've been really good. I'm surprised that you remember me.

Never, even in a million years, I would think my high school crush would even look for me after high school. I always wondered what happened to him. I was really surprised to see that he became a rapper, didn't know he did that. I know that he was into tagging, I thought he became some type of artist . Well, this type of artist is not what I expected.

We talked about we were and everything. He said he randomly found me in the suggested. Looked at my page, and remembered who I was. Normally, everyone besides Lily, I would've blocked people from high school. 

But, Alejandro is another exception. 

~
image is what i based moni off of. her twitter is @/_cyyndaquil. check her out, she literally has the best boot collection/amazing style ever!