꧁ 1 ꧂

•

      "Cedric, what are you doing?" the curly haired girl said, looking up from her book.

    "Looking for BillyWigs of course! They only come out at this time of year. You know how many potions I can make with these, Zara?" The tall boy said as he continued to climb the tree.

      Zara let out a light laugh before going back to her reading. It was a brisk day, the wind had flowed through the girl's curls as well as the leaves on the ground, making them flutter.

    "Arthur! It's about time, son." Amos yelled making Zara look up from her book. The girl adjusted her low rise jeans and black long sleeve shirt as she watched the group approached them.

   "Sorry, Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start." Arthur turned back, obviously shading the yawning ginger and his friend.

     "This is Amos Diggory everyone. Works with me at the ministry." Arthur said with a smile.

     Zara searched through the group before laying eyes on a particular ginger. They had locked eyes as he sent a soft smile and her doing the same. She had opened her mouth to speak but the large oaf she called a brother jumped in front of her.

     "And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?" Arthur said, holing out his hand.

    "Yes, sir." He said out of breath, taking his hand.

    "And then Zara, it's been too long." Arthur said engulfing her in a hug. Zara gave him a warm smile before hugging him back.

    "It has." She said before the two broke the hug.

   "This way." Cedric had said as he started to lead the group through the forest.

        Zara felt a hand on her shoulder and quickly turned, meeting a familiar face with a large smile. It was Ginny Weasley. The two had gotten closer over the years, bonding over quidditch and how big of idiots their brothers where.

     "Hi, Ginny." Zara said playfully rolling her eyes.

       "I see you've been writing a lot to Fred, Zara." She said slightly nudging the girl. Zara nudged her back with another eye roll.

      "Bloody owl practically lives at our house." Ron interrupted in an annoyed tone, making his way over to the two.

      "You know, it bit me." Ron whined as he remembered the events of the so called "tragedy".

  "He's just mad because Hermione hasn't sent him any mail." Ginny whispered to Zara making them both giggle.

     "Hey! What was that?" Ron yelled, now being left alone as the two girls walked faster. At the front of the line, Cedric led the group through the forest.

"Are you and Zara really related?" Harry said, catching up to Cedric at the front of the group.

"No, but she's like my little sister- why?" Cedric questioned, pushing branches out of the way and turning to Harry.

"Nothing, you all just look nothing alike that's all." Harry awkwardly chuckled.

"Yeah, my dad- uh- took her in after her- um- parents died." Cedric looked down at the leaves as he made the comment.

"Oh- I'm sorry to hear that." Harry said adjusting his glasses.

"Yeah- it was pretty tragic, no one knows what really happened," Cedric cleared his throat as he looked back up at the path. Harry decided not to push the conversation any further and walked beside Cedric in silence. Zara opened her book again, continuing where she left off as the group made their way through the forest.

    "Hey whatcha reading?" The twins said in unison, peaking over Zara's shoulder.

    "Bloody hell, I hate when you do that." Zara said putting a hand to her chest, the girl wasn't easily startled but the twins knew ways to get her jumpy.

        "When did you get your ears pierced?" One of them said, lifting her hair up, examining them. She had her industrial which a dangling chain connected to the first lobe piercing and two other lobe piercings. On the other side the girl had a double piercing at the top of her ear, plus three lobe piercings.

    "Get your hand out of my hair, if you want to keep it, Fred." The girl smiled as she pulled out her wand.

   "No, I'm George." "Yeah, and I'm Fred." They said simultaneously.

    "Fred has softer hands plus George's voice is deeper." Zara said without looking up.

      "Wow, you can tell us apart better than our own mother." The twins said in unison, laughing.

     "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." The girl said, tapping her wand on the page. The letters on the book merged until they showed potions, plans, and more sinister things.

    "Holy- how long have you been hiding this." George reached for the book.

    "Ah Ah Ah, ten galleons." Zara smirked.

   The boy scoffed and reached into his pocket and grabbed the money.

   "Here." George handed Zara the money before being interrupted.

    "Alright get yourself into a good position." Zara hadn't even realized they had made it to the hill yet.

"Mischief Managed." She muttered, tapping her wand on the page as the book went back to normal. The group gathered around the boot that sat at the top. It was a port key.

    "What's a Portkey?" The boy with glasses asked as they all set their hands on the boot.

    Zara and Cedric both looked at each other and laughed at his comment.

  "Ready. After three." Amos started to count down, "Harry!" Arthur yelled as Harry put his hand on just in time.

     They all screamed as they spun in circles, soon traveling through a portal.

     "Let go, kids!" Amos said while laughing.

  "What?" Everyone questioned except for Zara Cedric, and Arthur.

   "Let go!" He said once more before everyone took their hands off of the boot.