Chapter 1. Exchange

"If you want to take Gunduz then you have to bring 1000 gold coins to Lefke Castle and give it to me in exchange of Gunduz". Tekfur Leis told Ertugrul and Ilbilge Hatun who were standing beside each other. They both tilted their faces to read each others expressions.

Ertugrul's face was normal. His alps were waiting near the castle with the coins because he knew Tekfur Leis will make some demand but Ilbilge had some hidden fear in her eyes which satisfied Ertugrul alot. As Ilbilge looked away, she replied quickly.

"My alps will bring them to this castle soon". She started to hesitate. "We are a small tribe, we need some time to collect such a huge amount to get the murderer of my father!"

Ilbilge looked at her side at Ertugrul who was passing her sharp gaze at her calling his son a murderer.

No one dare to question Ertugrul and Halime's upbringing.

"Before her alps could reach her tribe, my alps would be here with the coins." Ertugrul announced sounding confident and Ilbilge seemed scared but she was able to hide it quickly.

She knew Kayi Tribe is way more powerful and is financially more stable then Umuroglu Tribe and Ertugrul had Soğut too. So it wasn't hard for him to get all that coins before her.

"Okay then! We will see which one of you will take Gunduz". Tekfur Leis said folding his arms on his chest and gesturing one of his soldier to go outside and inform their alps about the demand.

"Call Gunduz in here! Let me question my father's murderer." Ilbilge told Leis.

"I will not work according to what you say Ilbilge Hatun!" Leis answered and Ertugrul laughed internally.

The doors of the hall opened and two alps entered carrying a box. It was hardly been one minute and there was no chance of gold coins coming in castle without Ertugrul's command.

Ertugrul and Ilbilge looked at the alps and didn't recognized them and they both shared confused looks.

"What is this?" Tekfur Leis asked as the alps kept the box on the side. The alps didn't answered as they noticed the curiosity on three of them faces. The alps opened the box lid exposing gold coins.

The three of them in the main hall eyes remained wide opened in shock.

"Who sent these?" Tekfur Leis asked.

"Me!!" A woman voice came as the doors opened again. Ertugrul recognize this voice. He knew the owner of this sweet voice really closely so he immediately turned his head enough to crack his neck only finding non other than his wife.

Halime Sultan!!

Halime walked towards the middle of hall where everyone was standing. Ilbilge was confused as she didn't knew who Halime is and so was Tekfur Leis but maybe he was more towards the gold coins.

"I heard a deal is going on in here so I came to participate and play my part. Here are 1000 gold coins, there could be more but definitely not less". Halime stated with a polite face, lips curving into a small smile.

"Who are you Hatun? Why are you getting in our personal thing? What is your relationship with Gunduz? Why you want him?" Ilbilge threw her questions but Halime just chuckled and then looked at Ilbilge.

First Halime examined her from head to toe and then gave a little smirk. Ertugrul was observing everything.

"Second wife?" Halime asked looking at Ertugrul. Her voice dripping sarcasm and annoyance at the same time. Ertugrul remained silent and just kept looking at Halime.